Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use this product?

I have tomorrow off, have a few bucks in my pocket, and want to go fish some rocky shorelines at Center Hill for 'eyes or whatever will bite (lots of smallies, whites, and crappie in the lake as well).

...I cannot tell a lie. My mother in law is in town this weekend and I need to get a day away. :)

Had a buddy tell me he has had some luck using this "Meat" minnow imitator and I was wondering if you guys have heard anything about it or used it yourself.

We want some filets for a fish fry next week, so we don't really have one specific target species... A 1/4-1/2 oz jighead and minnow imitator on some rocks sounds like like a good multi-species rig and a perfect excuse to get a day away from the MIL.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Looks like the "pig" part from a jig and pig... or jig with pork. I know many people love them for bass fishing in cold water.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, its an imitator... Looks more like a straight soft plastic minnow than the cutouts in that pic. Its apparently heavily scented as well.

Looking like Sunday is going to have to be the day... Gotta drive to Indiana tomorrow for some bullsh**. All good...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Never heard of them til now, I just looked them up. So they are actually made out of pork huh? I'm sure they will work, however a non pork/ non scented minnow imitator would work too at least every once in a while. Wonder if they work better than gulp minnows. Are you fishing of a dam or is it just a rocky shore? I'm gonna laugh when you catch your first public water TN cat while jigging:D

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, made with real pork fat. Friend of mine says he slays with em... They're pretty new so they don't have the body of reviews that Gulp! has.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
. Are you fishing of a dam or is it just a rocky shore? I'm gonna laugh when you catch your first public water TN cat while jigging:D
Rocky shore. Basically a very rocky point that cups into a cove... The side of the point opposite the cove is shallow and sandy, the cove side drops pretty quickly and is mostly rock for as far as I can see.

Seems like a logical spot...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts