Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used one of the underwater cameras? I have talked to a few folks who have them and they love them. Not sure if it is worth the money. If anyone has used one please provide some feed back. I have been looking at the aqua vu models. Does anyone else make similar units?

Thanks
JT

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have an Aqua vue quad that works really well for ice fishing. Nice clear picture and gives a 360 deg view. my Dad has a marcum 400 that is a single camera that works well also. Not sure if its made any more though. They both sure add excitment to be able to actually see how the fish react to your bait. In my case I just see the fish come over smell my bait turn their nose up and swim over to one of my boys poles. I got my Aqua view Quad as a gift if i was going to buy one I would Go with one of the cheaper ones. Im sure any of the Aqua view line would work just fine.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I have the less expensive Aqua Vu Scout. I really like it. I primarily use it when I am ice fishing for perch. Its pretty cool being able to watch how the fish react to your lure and presentation.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i was just curious but how deep can you fish before the picture starts to fade on the aqua view ? , i need to buy a fish finder for ice fishing and im interested in either a camera , or a eagle, does anybody own a eagle ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I own the aqua-vu scout and it is a fun toy! You can actually pick witch fish you want to present your bait.  But if you are serious i highly recomend the vexilar!!!  Like i said the camera's are a fun TOY!  Hope this helps!  Shannon                    p.s Bring on the ICE!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i wouldn't fish without a vexilar, and as far as the cameras go they give a good picture down to where the lighting starts to get bad, with out experience the lights really dont do anything at night or down deep, if a fish happens to go in front of the light you see a flash of the fish and thats it. i had sopme bad luck with the marcum 500 camera 2 years ago bought one brand new and the picture didnt work right out of the box, how that for testing their product, had to send it back 2 times, had to pay postage both times(never was reimbursed) and the thing still sucked it had lines and crap all over the screen so i sent it back and cabelas gave me a full refund(those guys rock) the other 2 times i had to send it to marcum. if they handles their business like cabelas maybe i wouldn't have a problem with them, but after sending it to them twice and then it still didn't work even half as good as my buddies aqua view(even though it cost a lot more) but we don't even use his camera anymore, we will use it to see what the bottom structure looks like and look for weed beds but you can only see clear for a few feet usually and i have never caught a big fish(4 lbs or better) while we were using the camera, i have caught them when my buddie is about 50 ft away using it or just using the vex but all we catch using the camera is smaller fish it seems, maybe something with a big black cable hanging in the water ..

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Ive got an Aqua Vue 2years old,120' of cable w/lights and temp. I'll sell it for $300 so I can buy a Vex. It is fun,in clear lakes like 11-mile you can see forever,In cherry creek you cant see anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts