Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Killed it again for perch this Saturday. This time I thought it would be fun to get out the camera and record some video. The schools of fish that were moving through were enormous and once they moved in they stuck around for a while. It made for some fast paced action.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Lol you wonder do they think where did Tim, Joe, Larry, Sam, Bill, Phil and Dave go?

·
Registered
991 Posts
That's just cool! Are you able to see this as you're fishing?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Onfish, yes the camera connects to a screen that you can watch above the ice. It's like playing a video game... I only get it out when there are opportunities like this.

Bobco, Vermillion SD.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Very cool!!!

What did you tip it with? Shrimp or sucker meat?

Didn't look like any type of meal or wax worm.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
that looked like a decent eye that swam through on that first one.
there was one point this weekend I was showing schools right under the ice so i flipped my hut over and looked down the hole and there were tons. it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Cool footage, man. Sorry I didn't catch up with you. I realized later that I don't have your number.

Looks like you beat them up real good though. :thumb:

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Nice stuff. I spent many years watching perch at atown on my aqua-view. it's all Ii had no flasher back then. It would have helped on Sunday and today, extremely light bites.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
I got 2. Ron got 4. Took me 3 hrs to find them. Then they were really finicky. Howling winds made it tough to detect bites.

Literally was a walleye chop on top of the ice today. some 10" holes were now 15" in Diameter. The perch could almost swim on top of the ice. Ice was moving up and down. Pretty cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts