Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I am now convinced..... All fisherman have encountered that same issue at some time or another. Mine was a large whitetail buck that waited until I was fishing for at least half of an hour right on top of him before he let me know he was there. Unfortunately for me; I was twelve and had a two mile bike ride back to our cabin and I had to explain to my dad why I left my new pole and fishing gear on the river bank. As a hunter he thought that was just the funniest thing he had ever heard (I didn't hunt back then so I didn't see the humor in it AT ALL.)

·
Registered
485 Posts
I was fishing on Lawrence Lake which is on the north side of Mt Hood in Oregon when I had my beaver scare. At the west end of the lake it shallows out and there are numerous tree trunks sticking out where some good size trout hang out. I was in my float tube casting and having pretty good success when I drifted back into a little cove. Just as I was about to make another cast I heard a loud crash - could have been a splash - but seeing nothing around me I wasn't sure what was going on. I just knew something tremendously loud had hit the water and I was a goner. I managed to spin the float tube around and it was then that I saw the beaver lodge and Mr/Mrs Beaver swimming around letting me know I was far too close. Underwear remained unsoiled but the nerves were certainly shattered. Indeed, evil creatures!

·
Registered
902 Posts
i hooked a beaver on a popper at my buddys pond on their ranch. i swore i had a state record lmb on the way he ran me all over that pond. i ended up pulling the hook out the beaver and pulled in some beaver fur. i thought no way it must have been some cat tails from the fish running me up in them. it took me many trips back and many measly 3 pound bass to realize it must have been a bass.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Can't recall how many dozens of times I have had the **** scared out of me by those things:mad: I have a place where I fish at night where these two beavers do that to me with a tail slap almost every night. I scares me every time!

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
beavers can scare the crap you of you but I have never run across one when I didn't have a gun on me. but one day as I was crossing a beaver dam, and had some racing stripes in my shorts by a coyote that waited till I was only 2 steps from him when he busted out of cover, when I didn't have a gun on my hip.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Okay, now on to pheasants. While TDY (temporary duty) at Mildenhall AB, England I used to go jogging along some country lanes. One late afternoon mid-way through my run I ran past some trees and brush hugging the fence line just to the left of my path. Just as I came abreast of the brush a pheasant burst out of the bush. It scared the ever-living crap out of me. The racket he made leaving the bush raised my heart rate way above healthy levels and put me off jogging for awhile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts