Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out there with my lady testing out my new little boat. Not much going on. Water was 50 degrees according to the woman at the entrance. Marked a lot of fish in the 15 to 18 ft range. All suspended about mostly 8 to 10 ft down. Some were in schools hugging the bottom about 2 to 3 ft off the bottom and I knew what they were, but just not what they wanted.

Caught 2 trout while drifting minnows. A 15 incher and a 14 incher. The 2 stroke motor started and idled, but wouldn't go into gear. I was p****d off! But I just huffed it up and used the two oars that came along with the boat. It was quite a workout... And an embarrassment too. :-[

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
1eyeReD said:
The 2 stroke motor started and idled, but wouldn't go into gear. I. :-[
i know how you feel, my motor got jammed in reverse this afternoon taking out of the dock! Dropped a $30 leatherman in the water unjamming it! Thought for a while i was gonna have to run backwards clear across chatfield!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey Dan,

Are you still awaiting motor parts? I know you've been off the water for a bit now. If you need a fix of boat fishing, drop me and email and we can get you back out on the water a couple of time pending repairs.

Pete

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't feel bad, took my son to Chatfield (his first time on a boat), and couldn't get engine to start. talk about embarrassing.
Poor little guy was crushed.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rorton said:
Don't feel bad, took my son to Chatfield (his first time on a boat), and couldn't get engine to start.  talk about embarrassing. 
Poor little guy was crushed.
I know... My heart is still recovering from the dissapointment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts