Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished union today with no luck. Did get 2 bites trooling a shad lip-less crank bait and another drifting a worm :(

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thats skunk has been riding your back for a while it seems Jay. I've had one with me about 9/10 times I've been fishing this year. :mad:

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, Its time to break that!!!!!

We'll see, theres always next weeekend!

-Jay

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The weather skunked me this weekend. At least you got out. Eventually the fish gods will smile upon you for trying and you will have some great catches. Good luck in the future.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey Scorpian you still going for the muskies there? If you happen to catch a huge muskie lure in the middle of #3 that's my bf's that he snagged last time we went.

BTW there are supposed to still be tigers in there, last time I was there, it's been a couple weeks cuz of papers and finals, but I was chatting with this old guy and he saw someone pull one out just last summer, I think he said it was around 40? I don't remember, gotmusky? you probably remember better than me. Anyhow he thought it was a pike, but if you look at an old thread that Scorpian and I were discussing on that pond, it's said it's stocked with muskie, not pike and I guess it's on some famous dude's favorite place to fish for muskie list, right Scorpian? I forgot his name.

For Bass, gotmusky? and I used some minnows last summer, I think we used shiners, and we kept catching bass, mostly they were babies but I did catch a good sized one that I lost like two feet away from shore. I've seen guys fly fish for bass in the past and they had a few good sized ones, not sure what type of flies they used tho. Oh if you want cheaper live bait, we've tried feeder fish from the pet store... I think you should spend the extra money for minnows tho, I've had the worst luck with them, regular minnows just seem to work better for some reason.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Kadiya said:
Hey Scorpian you still going for the muskies there?  If you happen to catch a huge muskie lure in the middle of #3 that's my bf's that he snagged last time we went.

BTW there are supposed to still be tigers in there, last time I was there, it's been a couple weeks cuz of papers and finals, but I was chatting with this old guy and he saw someone pull one out just last summer, I think he said it was around 40?  I don't remember, gotmusky? you probably remember better than me.  Anyhow he thought it was a pike, but if you look at an old thread that Scorpian and I were discussing on that pond, it's said it's stocked with muskie, not pike and I guess it's on some famous dude's favorite place to fish for muskie list, right Scorpian? I forgot his name.
Yes, I am still going there for muskies off and on. I am also going for bass there. The DOW is stocking about 20 muskies almost yearly there. That guy's name that you are talking about is Giles Alkire from Alkire's sporting goods in Greeley. He had an article a couple of years ago in the Colo. Fishing and Hunting News that He stated his 8 favorite places in Colo. for Tigers and Prospect Ponds was #7 on his list. I am there almost every day during my lunch break and sometimes after work. It's pretty easy to find me there! 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts