Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 3:00am til about 1:00pm. More like slept with my pole and then realized it was time to fish. They started hitting late around 11:00am and lasted til like noon-thirty. I caught 2 wipers. Lost twice as many from being too confident of my lures and walking away from my rod..... And wussy hooksets. All ranged between 17 and 20 inches. My lady's brother caught like frikkin 6 or 7. All caught using half a mussell off the bottom.

NOTE:
Keep your rod butt anchored if you plan to fish this way.
Them wipers are real aggressive now. They take and run!!. If anyone noticed a goofy looking asian kid jump in the water and swim after a rod, it was me. The flyfishers got a real kick outta seeing that! I heard em laughing from the parking lot, the shoreline and even the cats on the dock were laughing. It's ok, we got the wiper and rod back. I wasn't the one who got it back though. I couldn't even catch it in time. The rod was like a speer just dartin' through the water. Instead, my lady's brother somehow got the rod back WITH THE WIPER when he was messing with a kastmaster a few minutes later.

Overall, it was a good Wednesday. Sorry, don't have Union pics. I was too lazy to take pictures that day.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Thats two now oneeye...first the life jacket fishing...and now the 25 meter individual medley...soon to be an Olympic event Synchronized Fishing and Pole Retrieval...you will have gold medal around your neck with all the practice you are getting!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I need to go fishing with 1eye one of these days. Think it would be better then watching grumpier old men. =P

GJ on the fish mang

·
Registered
66 Posts
1eye, my father in-law and I saw the whole thing. We both laughed so dang hard. But, a while later I said hey look, the kid got his rod back. And one guy on the dock said, I wonder if he got the fish? And sure enough you had the rod and the fish. I'm telling ya, I thought I was gonna fall off that dock I was laughing so hard, thanks for the show. By the way, your friends sure got a kick out it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow what a great site!!!! I just moved here from Washington state and still a littlle uncertin of where Union is located at. I am used to catching salmon,Steelhead and Sturgeon. The northwest does not have alot of wipers if any that i know of so any info would be appreciated on how to catch and release these fish. I did alot of fishing in the ocean and Columbia river so most of my tackle is geared for large fish. So if you can PLEASE HELP a desperate Angler i would be much obliged. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts