Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out in the afternoon for a quick hr and a half of fishin. Trolled Rat-L-Traps, Kasty's and even harnessed crawlers. Nada. I caught an old plastic cup tho. It fought pretty hard when I set the hook. The rest of the time, it floated up top as I was bringing it to the boat. Tried mussels over on the east side of the lake, nada. Fish were surfacing all over the place though. I worked a Zara Puppy, but that didn't get me anywhere either. It's as if the fish know or something... Guess what? I think they really do.

Then I put the boat on the trailer a lil late & got a written warning. The park ranger was cool about it though so I aint complainin. I was like, "Sure, now I know."

So to everyone who plans to go to Union right now, the gates close at 7pm and they open at 6am. All boats must be off the lake by 6:30pm.
I wish I had more time to figure them fish out. I was just hopin for a stocker or something. Beautiful evening though. Another boat had 2 wipers and a trout. Park ranger said it's been slow lately, as in the last week. All & all, it was a beautiful sun fall. I touched the water, it cleansed my soul.

1eyeReD

T

·
0 Posts
Union can be tough. I've been skunked one too many times this year.

Better luck next time-1eye.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Good to see you are out on the water again, wish you could of caught some fish, you check under the seats in the boat? All that time out of the water a skunk must of snuck in and is laying up under there, be sure to throw him overboard next time.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now I just remembered.... The trail mix we had for munchies included dried banana slices.   :(

M

·
0 Posts
good to hear a report, its been forever, those bananas will get you every time

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i caught a world class line record stick at pueblo a couple of weeks back on 6 lb test, must've been at least 50 inches overall, didn't get a picture though...

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
sorry, me and my buddie wer so caught up in the moment that we forgot all about the picture, we were busy trying to get that thing back in the water. we wanted a clean release, didn't want to damage any of it's life supporting slime.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Ah! I am happy to see there is at least one ethical fisherman here. Congrats on the large stick Jamie. I only manage to catch twigs. Also thank you for being so concerned about its well being and survival to hurry up and release it before it stressed too much.

Dan

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
look at dan going on and on about the twigs he catches
if he cant catch a fish what makes you think he can catch
them hard to catch sticks and twigs

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

the skunk dont keep the sticks off your line dan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts