Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started fishing around 1:00pm from my buddies 19' Starcraft.  Conditions seemed perfect (for humans).  Can't remember the last time I tried so many different patterns.  Fishing was slow until late afternoon.  Started seeing fishing rising around 5:00pm.  Some kind of hatch was coming off and the fish were crashing the surface.  Me without my fly-rods.  Eventually we were able to coax a few in the boat using floating Rapalas and twitching them on the surface like an injured bait fish.  My buddy got one using one of my white shad storm swimbaits.  No wipers.  The trout we caught weren't of any significant size but it was nice to avoid the goose egg, especially since it was my birthday.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the info were going up first thing sunday morning we were out there last weekend and caught a couple 18" wipers on crawler harnesses

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Luck. We tried: crawler harness', bottom bounced and lindy rigged, crankbaits, swimbaits, Kastmasters, crocodiles, panther martins, roostertails, several arities of broken back shads & crawdads, curly tail jigs, wally divers, tube jigs, planer boards, count down rapalas, rattle traps and I'm sure I forgot a few. I was fishing my ass off. I hope you have an easier time finding the wipers on Sunday.

B

·
0 Posts
Hey fish dawg i was in a GREEN RAFT i herd you talking to some one on your phone and you said it was your b day!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BIG KUHUNA said:
Hey fish dawg i was in a GREEN RAFT i herd you talking to some one on your phone and you said it was your b day!!!!!!!!!
I Must have a big mouth. Thanks for the B-Day wishes. Going fishing on your B-Day is the best. You can tell anyone calling from the office that you are fishing and they can't say crap about it, cause it's your B-Day!! I may try using it more often than once a year. Did you guys doany better than we did. I needed one of my fly rods for all that surface action.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not the ones I caught, they were all stocker bows. Didn't you see the hatch that started coming off that afternoon and into the evening? They were trout hitting those emergers on the surface. I think a #8 to #12 parachute adams and my 5/6 weight would have done nicely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts