Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SKUNK! :mad:

My daughter & I fished all afternoon, watching the fish jump all around us.  Not a nibble.  I threw the whole tackle box at them.  Nada.

I think I'll move on to another lake for a while.  This was my 3rd trip - 2 fish total for all trips.

M

·
0 Posts
Keep at it! Things are warming up for the summer. June should be really hot (fishing wise). I'm hoping to put in some time before the summer doldrums of July and August.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Throwing the tackle box at the fish is hardly a way to catch fish, and it can get expensive if it happens to sink. ;D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
i havent hit union at all this year yet ... i think ill hit it later on. u should try boyd, its only 17 miles north of union. ive been going there alot lately, i've been catching crappie, blue gill, white bass, a few wipers, and trout. my little brother went with me today in the morning pulled in a 18inch trout, his biggest. if u do go ... get minnows, about a dozen per person they bite alot with minnows. all my fish are cought on bobbers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been thinking about Boyd & Carter since they're both pretty close.  Which is better w/ a small (12') aluminum boat?  I've got a 5HP motor to fix up, then I'm good to go.

TAL0362, I was pretty frustrated.  It took a good bit of diving to find all my lures & I didn't even hit one of those ignert fish.  ;)  Now I understand why Grandpa wrote on all his tackle boxes: IS IT LOCKED??

·
Registered
48 Posts
GB,
I would suggest boyd if you can hit it on weekday mornings. Ive caught lots and lots of big fish. Weekends are horrable now 'bout this time of year. Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts