Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit Union today hoping the wipers would have recovered from last weeks cold weather. They hadn't. i fished from about 11 to 3 and didn't get hit at all. Fished mostly with polar fibre minnow on intermediate line....nothing. there were quite a few other people fishing too, and i didn't see one fish landed, and everyone i talked to hadn't caught anything....maybe next time. cheers, brian

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Fished there this morning. Didn't get nothin either. Tried jigs, Gulp Minnows, night crawlers on bottom with 2nd rod. Nada. A handful of bank fishermen and a handful of fly fishers too. Didn't see anything landed.

(Sigh).... Patience, patience, patience, be patient....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fished most of the fishable water between the boat ramp and the dog beach...maybe it will take another couple days of warm weather before they come onto the bite again...

where were you 1eyered?

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Vision said:
I fished most of the fishable water between the boat ramp and the dog beach...maybe it will take another couple days of warm weather before they come onto the bite again...

where were you 1eyered?
I was out there between 08:30 and 10:00ish. Had no waders, but was in shorts so I waded deep enough just to get that extra 10 yards casting distance. We were on the south shore. Right about a few yards past the far end of the dog beach. That water is warm enough, but I think the fish are expecting more this time around. When they 1st started hitting the water temps were in the low to mid 50's. This time around I think they might want some significant change in water temp and conditions. Or maybe they're just waiting to get hungry or something. Seems to me like the wiper are on a diet as of now. We'll wait til they get the munchies again.....

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Fished today, Caught nothing, weather could not figure out what it was going to do, rain, overcast, calm, windy, sunny, then the wind blew more and harder. Wife nearly fell in lake when we left. (very choppy) Had one hit on a crawler just above the bottom in 14 feet of water.

Dan

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey 1eyered, what happened to your waders? Must still be leaking.
Union really seems to get a lot of pressure. I keep wanting to go try it again but I really don't know if I should. Am I the only one who thinks this?

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
gotmusky? said:
Hey 1eyered, what happened to your waders? Must still be leaking. 
Union really seems to get a lot of pressure.  I keep wanting to go try it again but I really don't know if I should.  Am I the only one who thinks this?
It's really worth your try, bud. If you go at the right time and hit the right spot (which can be whenever and where ever) you could end up having a really great time! Weekdays are your best bets for fishing away from a crowd.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts