Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the reservoir about 7 fished until 11. Got a total of not shat. No bites, no nibbles, no nothing. We were using bluegills, under a bobber, on the bottom, reeled in slowly, cut in half. Nothing nada zip. The guys below us caught a few off the bottom, didn't ask what they were using. For 5 bucks i was kinda cheesed that we got nothing. Any suggestions, we were fishing by an the bridge over the inlet. Tight lines.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
My advice is move around a lot. The west side of the lake tends to get a fair amount of pressure, so i usually avoid it if possible. take a walk up and down the shore, both on the south side near the beach areas and also the northwest corner...less pressure there sometimes, and the bottom tends to vary quite a bit, which much of the time has an effect on where fish are holding that particular day. Ive seen lots of fish caught there on baits (mussels, crayfish tails, crawlers, ect ect) but if they are not biting in one area i would suggest switching to an artificial like a jig or rapala and covering lots of water until you locate fish...

it can be a difficult lake sometimes...dont give up, it pays to keep trying

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Rottal is right you have to keep moving if you arent seeing or getting them...sometimes I think the packs of wipers swim around the perimeter of the reservoir that they are in...it is why you cannot find them...they are just cruising and looking for an easy meal like a pack of wild canines...

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Rottal's the man.. If bait don't work there, try lures. I was catchin wipers there one week on my lure rod while my bottom rigged bait rod got bored.. And then the following week, I tired myself out throwin lures and discovered that all they wanted was bait on the bottom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts