Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is the ramp at Union not steep enough? I have to pull my whole SUV into the water to get it to float. At C.Creek and Chat I can pull down to where the boat attches to the winch and the boat will float.

So is it just me or my lack of experience???

-Jay

·
Registered
84 Posts
No its not just you, Me and my step dad (stuccoman01) have trouble launching the boat to and he has a dodge 2004 0r year 2003 or something and a Lund Boat, but me and him have trouble to because the vehicle is to big and Has to have me stand on the dock and hold a rope attached to the bar on the front of his boat and he has to back all the way in the water and then He gos and parks the car while I am getting the boat up against the dock and wait for him and then after our fishing day there I put it on the trailer and its really hard to get it level. How about you. ??? But I agree with you it is hard.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
Is it just me or is the ramp at Union not steep enough? I have to pull my whole SUV into the water to get it to float. At C.Creek and Chat I can pull down to where the boat attches to the winch and the boat will float.

So is it just me or my lack of experience???

-Jay
I think Union has one of the ramps with the least amount of incline. I was out ther on Saturday and I backed up till the exhaust was in the water. I had to push it off the trailer. Since I have a smaller boat that is not a big deal to me. If I had something larger it might be a problem.

If you want to see a lake with a steep ramp try Jackson or Douglas. They can be rather tricky when wet and if there is any ice.......have fun trying to get up with a loaded trailer.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts