Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how people have done at union res. I catch a lot of wiper, cat fish, perch, etc. but I read there are walleye and even tiger muskie there. has anybody caught a walleye or muskie there? If so where and how

thanks

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Ive caught wiper and crappie at Union, but ive never caught cats there...and ive tried many times. its like im cursed or something...

Ive not seen too many walleyes there. infact ive only caught one... in the spring fishing the north west end. I think i saw some pics of some Don B caught there awhile back, but i dont think its a place where too many people target them usually.

Ive seen trout there....stockers mostly, and its not very often you see any larger holdover fish being caught....mostly stuff right off of the truck.

Ive never seen a muskie there, but i wouldnt doubt theres a few...

If you are into them that lake is like a carp Disney land. They are all over that place...i hate those things, they are one of the few species of fish i despise.

·
Registered
988 Posts
My friend caught the lake record walleye there 2 years ago. Around 30". His picture is in the pay station. I pulled a few eyes there from my boat. Last year before ice over they stock some Tigers in the 10" range. There were eating almost everything then.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
No Talo....all my curses are self induced...no need to throw Zman into the picture to complicate things ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts