Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hello everyone. I have not posted here for a while. Hadn't been fishing so what was there to post about? Finally did get to go fishing on Thursday and Friday...went camping out at Union in Longmont...with family from Kansas...and we got rained out big time. Could not even hardly fish, and spent most the time in our tents. I don't know if anyone feels like this but i was sorta disapointed in Union...when we got there one whole side of the lake was filled full of people fishing...like its turned into a fish market. What time we could fish it was hard to find a decent spot. Hoping to get back out there to fish again this next weekend but want to find another lake where they have wipers. Any close around besides union?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Good to see you posting again. When I had just discovered this board, I really enjoyed your posts.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad weather, and good to see you back to posting. Here are some lakes you might want to try:
Boedecker res, Barbour ponds, Lonetree, Carter, Lon Hagler, and Big Thompson ponds. These are all fairly close to Longmont.
Bring some rain gear, the way the weather has been lately never know.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Heyyyyy Koniiiiiii, glad you're back! Sorry to hear about the wet weather. And yes, I agree with you... Union sometimes gets a lil too crowded. That's why I like going there with the boat. Anywho, try Lonetree once we get into the 80's weatherwise. It's pretty good on and off once the lake warms up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
;D Well thanks everyone...i didn't know i was missed...I have missed posting here, have really missed fishing this year too. What a great bunch of people you all are! We are going to go again in a week or so on a 3 day camping fishing trip so am hoping to do better and catch some walleye maybe and wiper. I gotta catch up with all you...I have had some really good fishing dreams though. ;D..where i catch wopper walleye and catfish...so maybe I'll have a pic to post soon.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Koni!

Even if you don't have any fish reports go ahead and post! You always have great advice and things to say.

Dan

·
Registered
391 Posts
As far as a good wiper lake fairly close,try Jackson Lake by Wiggins.It's 1 hourand20min. from downtown Denver.I caught my first wiper there about a month ago and i've been back three times and the wiper fishin has only got better.Hopefully Dan will have a great post for us in the next few days on Jackson.
lyn

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I hope to have an excellent report for you on Tuesday night. I got the boat loaded tonight so all I have to do is load the food and drink and pick up my kids in the am. I hope to by tying into the first wiper by 2 pm.

I'll let you know how we do!

Dan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello everybody finally got my new motor and now its time to start fishing can anyone tell what kind of camping facilities they have at jackson resevoir and if there is anyhing extra for kids to do. My daughter is 9 and she wants to catch a big fish so i hoping to get her hooked up with a wiper or a walleye. does anybody have any Carppie information where to go thanks Rick

·
Registered
72 Posts
Camping at Jackson is hard to come by. You need to make reservations in advance through the park system. There are a couple of beaches for the kids. If you put your boat on, be sure to keep an eye out for the weather. The wind can get really bad and the location of the boat ramp sucks. I've had some great fishing there though. I'll be there the weekend of the 25th. If you're out there, look for a red, white and gray Ebbtide I/O. It'll be the boat with a fish on. LOL ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts