Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I went to union this morning. Tried for cats at the place fisher32 told me about i didnt catch anything. Had some small bites thats it.

Talked to a guy and he told us the fishing is hot over at the beach area. So we packed up and went over there. It was packed. They where catching wipers left and right. I guess the no fishing signs there dont really mean anything, cause everybody over there was fishing that whole area.

Those guys over there had the school right in front of them. We fished away from the crowd and caught one wiper that was no where near the legal limit of 15'. That was it.

If you guys go bring some waders. The guys that were doing all the catching waded out to their chest. Man, 2-3 people were catching fish at the same time.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I used crawfish cause im use to using them. Everybody there was using mussles, the ones you buy at kingsoppers the frozen ones. Union is in longmont.

F

·
0 Posts
just a quick note ...if hook&line said union is packed ......its almost shoulder to shoulder ....it gets crazy there with people and sometime at least for me the fish arent worth the hasle ...not trying to discourage anyone just wanted you to know !!!!!like fishing at a strip mall

T

·
0 Posts
If there is a shell-  Take them out of the shell and hook em' whole.

They are good eating, too.  :eek:

You are correct FG. There's not much shoreline to fish @ Union. It gets really crazy.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
HookNLine said:
I went to union this morning. Tried for cats at the place fisher32 told me about i didnt catch anything. Had some small bites thats it.

Talked to a guy and he told us the fishing is hot over at the beach area. So we packed up and went over there. It was packed. They where catching wipers left and right. I guess the no fishing signs there dont really mean anything, cause everybody over there was fishing that whole area.

Those guys over there had the school right in front of them. We fished away from the crowd and caught one wiper that was no where near the legal limit of 15'. That was it.

If you guys go bring some waders. The guys that were doing all the catching waded out to their chest. Man,  2-3 people were catching fish at the same time.
Dam maybe the bite stopped. I was planning on going tomorrow on Saturday. Just back from Vegas and was looking forward to it. Well I guess the cold front moved the bait fish down. Might still go any way, maybe I'll bring the boat for sh#ts and giggles.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Fished Friday until about 2pm. started off good with a nice 22in. cat off shrimp, went downhill from there ended the day with 1 cat 2 wipers and a big ugly carp. The shore action at the beach was hot from what I could see looked like a lot of fish caught. Going again this morning after work maybe I can get one of them beach front spots.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Went there last Friday with my friend, the fish cought were all well over 15 inches. We believed we saw Hooknline fishing east of the beach. The ranger stopped by checking the two guys' licence and counted what they caught. They were using long rod so that they casted far enough and almost reached the boat in front of them. Guess the boaters who worried the beachers were out of the limit did not caught as many . Did not see anyone fishing beyond the NO FIHING SIGN. NO BODY were keeping fish less than 15 inches and they were all doing legal fishing.

Saturday was really slow according my friend.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts