Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
With all you guys going on Sunday, I'm going to hit it on Saturday!!! Just kidding, I planned on going Saturday before Rot's report...
Going to be trolling so will give a detailed report when I get back. I will be in an OLD,OLD STAMAS deep-V, chocolate brown in color with a 969 (?) on the back.
Probably will start with some crankbaits then go to a bottom bouncer with crawlers on for the eyes. I have my honey hole for the eyes and will give an honest report if they are biting. Not that I would give an unhonest report if they weren't ;)
Wish me luck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Made a late start today. Got on the water around 10:00. The fishing was great. The catching was a little slow. Caught two small bows on a red/green lipless crank. Slow trolling at about 2.4 MPH. Let them go to see another day. This was all the way on the North end of the lake. Found the west end to be the warmest surface temp. 58 degrees around 2:30. Had a couple good, solid hits there on a firetiger lipless crank. I'm sure it was small wipers because I caught a glimps of a few chasing something on the surface. Tried a bottom bouncer with a crawler harness that proved to be non productive. A couple more days like today and the bite will be excellent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts