Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
A firehose and OC pepper spray to push back the crowds....

Well ok, its not that bad...but close ;)

I see a lot of people throwing bait...mussels and crayfish tails most likely. If you arent into that try rapalas or lightly weighted soft plastics....nuetral boutancy stuff that doesnt sink too much, but will stay down a few few feet. white, yellow, and chartruese would be good colors for the plastics, and for the rapalas lighter colors...naturals mainly.

for flies...well clousers...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Caught my first WIPER of the year just today along with 6 others.. Didnt take any pictures to show. My brother and brotherinlaw went out last week and what a day in the park. Hit nothing but home runs. MONDAY ( 04/23/06 ) should be a good day. I'll be there in the after noon sometime around 5pm. If you need tips or anything let me know..!

BOY that RES has been the hot spot for Wipers.
Steve

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
monkies_butt said:
BOY that RES has been the hot spot for Wipers.
Steve
I hope "has been" isnt literally the truth. if someone doesnt change the regs out there soon the fishing quality of this lake is going to degrade...im not convinced the current regulations are going to support the pressure its been getting, if it maintains the current tempo out there. its not pretty...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rottal I am with you...that lake is going to be devoid of wiper at this pace. But it was fun while it lasted (or is lasting)! We were out a few days ago and water temps were 53-56. Perfect. Seemed like all the wiper (and people) were stacked at or around the inlet, although we found some activity north and southeast. Lots of carp too. This is a great carp fishing lake...especially for fly fishermen...when the water isn't muddy you can spot them 75 yards away...they're spooky so make long delicate casts!

·
Registered
124 Posts
The other day a person had the nerve to ask for a wiper I landed. If he didn't yell across the lake I might have given it to him. Happy to say that wiper is still in the lake like most of them should be to provide a trophy fishery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts