Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im curisous if this has happened to anyone before, because it sure suprised me. Went ice fising with a buddy who is a member of a property association with a bunch of 40 acre lots northwest of Ft Collins yesterday. They have several small private lakes with trout in them. Anyway, I hooked about a 14" rainbow on a Kasty and during the battle he stripped some line and swam up through my other hole about six feet away flopped in the ice a few times and right back in the hole. I landed it though the hole I hooked him through. The guy I was with and I couldn't believe it. I had a Ratso and mealworm dead sticking in the other hole with the vex transducer and somehow the the line didn't tangle with the other rod or the vex transducer.

·
Registered
459 Posts
About two years ago I drilled a hole at Eleven mile. I used the auger to suck the ice shavings out of the hole. Just as I pulled the auger out, a 12 inch rainbow swam into the hole and flopped out onto the ice...strange.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
scubapig said:
About two years ago I drilled a hole at Eleven mile.  I used the auger to suck the ice shavings out of the hole.  Just as I pulled the auger out, a 12 inch rainbow swam into the hole and flopped out onto the ice...strange.
Yikes! Does that count towards your creel limit? ;)
Not the same, but several years ago at Granby, while ice fishing with 3 other people, my son hooked into a 32+ inch mack, that, before we could pull all the other lines in, had managed to tangle three other lines that were in the vicinity. They all thought they had a whopper on, "til I told them what was happening. We simply let the bails loose, and he was able to land it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
scubapig said:
About two years ago I drilled a hole at Eleven mile.  I used the auger to suck the ice shavings out of the hole.  Just as I pulled the auger out, a 12 inch rainbow swam into the hole and flopped out onto the ice...strange.
Hmmm ... good technique when they aren't biting. Fire up the auger and run it full speed pulling water out until you suck a fish through the hole. Like an 8" straw in a Dairy Queen milk shake. ::)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts