Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up north of Laramie for some wind and sun. 25mph but at least it was nice and warm out. Flailed away most of the morning with no results. Kind of surprising I usually get at least a few on those techniques. Finally got tired of hitting my head against a wall and hucked metal. Action improved as i covered a bunch of water and ended up getting 5 bos largest right under 25”. I think it’s still a couple weeks from getting hot up there. No eyes but I never run into them this time of year up there sometime I really need to target them. Talked to a couple others it had been slow for. Dow was putting out nets will be interesting to hear what they sample.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Good job. It was very slow for us on Saturday.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good job. It was very slow for us on Saturday.
That's kinda far for a slow slimer day. I'm sure you could have managed a handful at Chatfield. :D

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
That's kinda far for a slow slimer day. I'm sure you could have managed a handful at Chatfield. :D
I did catch a 5lb brown though. Its still swimming.:thumb:

Yes a slow day makes for a longer drive home.

But that's fishing!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea it is a bit further than chatty but I prefer the scenery. I am anxious to get back after the cold front. Didn’t see any browns caught but glad you got a nice one!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Cant wait to get up north next month this time! I got a float trip on the river up there. I hear good chance to catch walleye up in the river and big browns. Can't wait!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yea it is a bit further than chatty but I prefer the scenery. I am anxious to get back after the cold front. Didn’t see any browns caught but glad you got a nice one!
Walleye bite especially now and moving forward should be epic especially with the big mamas. :)

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I did catch a 5lb brown though. Its still swimming.:thumb:

Yes a slow day makes for a longer drive home.

But that's fishing!
I guess that's redemption. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts