Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fishing is awesome right now off the hook!!!!!!!!! in the past 3 days i have landed over 65 browns in my total party which is 3 buddys we all together have landed over 150 fish none of them have been real large or anything but its like catching blue gills on a summer day i think dow just stalked thiS section of the river . every fish that has been caught has been browns using RAPALAAAASSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I`m hoping you were talking Dillon to Green Mtn Res. That section of river has always `looked` good but I always felt it to be a pretty poor fishery. Some years ago I was fortunate enough to fish a private stretch and found the browns to be numerous and healthy. Obviously the fish removal folks have really turned the river into a rather dismal habitat. I gotta believe the river can support a healthy population provided we return more fish rather than putin `em in a skillet. :'( The state has provide us with some nice fishing areas...........now we gotta take care of them. 8)

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
BB,

Rapala, properly pronounced "rup ah la",,, eh! Finns make good fishing stuff. I think when BB says upper Blue, its between Dillion reservoir and Breckenridge. ?? They did a lot of habitat rebuilding in the 1990's after the placer mining in the early 1900's. Its nice fishing with riffles and holes again.

Terre

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea its the stretch from dillion to breck i call it my convinence water cause its lile 150 yards from my front door

1 - 4 of 4 Posts