Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard all the stores about carp in the Poudre...but yesterday was my first day out exploring for them. This summer I did a little bit of carp fishing here and there and even bought a 7 weight for it. I like carp fishing because its challenging and any carp over 10 pounds has the ability to put you right into your backing. I was pretty amazed that I could ride my bike 10 minutes from my apartment in Old Town and find a serious amount of carp in the Poudre. Took me forever to hook into this one, but when I did, people driving by on the road above me where honking while i was trying to land it. First carp in the Poudre, and I'm sure not the last!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Good job.

I think I would have posted that pic in the Valco 2010 thread and said the fish weighed nine pounds.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
that was my ole' carp hole when I lived up there. back then it was stupid easy, almost too easy.

with the rise of the brownliners, I anticipate we will look back fondly of the days of easy carp fishing when we are all old and gnarled... and no one will belive us.

SS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts