Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

US Government shutdown - impact on fishing?

4K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  DonInDurango 
#1 ·
Well, at Blue Mesa they believe it's going to happen, so the lake will be closed to recreation I was told by the park office this morning. In fact, they are putting up barricades at Elk Creek now, I was told.

#4 ·
Are they locking the gates? Are they closing down the marina vendors?
Like Geek said, what if you have a slip and walk down to the dock and launch? Will they arrest you?
This is just more grandstanding by those who are non essential and worried about how they will keep their jobs with a 14 trillion dollar bill hanging over our heads.

#15 ·
law enforcement is deamed critical staff and will still be working on a skelition crew, I don't think I would push their buttons to hard on this one unless you would like to meet my buddy Prop who is the jailer in Gunnision ;D, I guess lake powell will be closed also.

#17 ·
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
walleye seeker said:
is the ice off BM yet? they usualy dont open the marinas till the 3 rd week of april anyway.
From the looks of the webcams, it's close.
URL? I keep tabs on shadow mnt every day.

Captain America said:
So I guess that would hold true for Granby and Flaming Gorge also? Snap!
How dare you use such harsh words :)
[me=Jay] [/me]

G
#22 ·
Jay said:
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
walleye seeker said:
is the ice off BM yet? they usualy dont open the marinas till the 3 rd week of april anyway.
From the looks of the webcams, it's close.
URL? I keep tabs on shadow mnt every day.

Captain America said:
So I guess that would hold true for Granby and Flaming Gorge also? Snap!
How dare you use such harsh words :)
[me=Jay] [/me]
2 snaps in Z formation!

#25 ·
Yes, Flaming Gorge is a National Recreation Area, and will be closed for the season!! Did you hear me? The Gorge is Closed for the Season!!! Start-up costs are just too expensive to re-open the area after the closure. It will open November 1st when the new fiscal year starts. No entry is permitted on Flaming Gorge Res. Violaters will be immediately arrested by state and county law enforcement officials, who agreed to enforce the closure while the Federal Govt. is shut down, and until they can operate again. This agreement is due to local authorities' ongoing concerns for security and possible terrorism. Traffic will still be allowed to drive across the dam, however.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.