Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
try KBE flies....ive bought some really good patterns from this guy (whom works out of his basement in Boulder) and the prices are around 10-12 dollars a dozen. i usually take pride in tying my own patterns, but i get lazy with some patterns (mostly dries like royal wulffs, certain split tail spinners, parachute adams and those pain in the a$$ deer hair humpies) so its cheaper and easier for me just to buy a few dozen at the beginning of each spring than it is to buy all the hackle and other material to tie just a few. The owner told me a lot of thier flies are (curiosly enough) tied by guys in prison...better to sit and tie flies for money in a jail cell i guess than hang out in the shower and be "Big Earl's" girlfriend.

www.flyfishingflies.com

anyways take a look at it and give them a call...the guy might let you go pick out your flies from his stock in his basement if you have the time and are spending more than a few dollars.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.