Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a potential hornets nest: what's the thinking about the use of artificial stink or gravy on lures, jigs (maybe even flies such as streamers) is waters that are designated "flies and lures only"? Personally I've only used stink and gravy while ice fishing but am soon taking my canoe out to some restricted waters and have given this some thought. What are the opinions out there? Or has CDOW set our opinion for us and I haven't found it yet?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link - I missed it yesterday. Good answers by IceintheVeins. Since I exclusively flyfish moving waters during the warm months, catch and release, and am a member of TU I am ignorant of a lot of the rules concerning still water (I do icefish and keep what I catch there). I just know that I can pretty much fish wherever/however I want with my flyrod and flies especially since I release 'em anyway. Having a canoe and going out on still water is a whole 'nuther proposition to my brain and I have to ask questions like this, especially when I'm planning on sneaking out this afternoon with no time to scour the DOW rules. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts