Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Using multiple poles???

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  k0diak 
#1 ·
Hey I have a question about using multiple poles. Am I allowed to being 4 poles and use them one at a time without having to get extra pole tag. Or is that just if you bait fush and throw them all out there and let them sit? Can you only use one pole without a extra tag or can you use 2? Whats the limit?
\Thanks

#3 ·
Without a second pole stamp you can only use one pole.  Becareful that any other poles are not in the water at all.  I had a buddy quite a few years ago that was fishing with two poles and had a third reeled in but the line was right at the edge and was barely touching the water.  He got a ticket.  I think the park ranger was having a bad day or just wanted to right a ticket.  It was pretty obvious that he was not fishing with the pole.  

#4 ·
bassboatjockey said:
You can carry as many poles as you'd like, but you can only physically have one line in the water unless you have a second rod stamp, then you can have 2 lines in the water.

True that!...you can have as many rods on the deck of your boat...on your back...but you need that 2nd rod stamp to have two in the water simultaneously ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.