Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a dumbass f&%king around at work busted out my two top front teeth last friday. At the dentist monday he capped my exposed root with a UV resin. It was nice to be suddenly distracted by thoughts of fly tying. I can now eat solid food again. Thanks to UV resin.

·
Registered
883 Posts
So a dumbass f&%king around at work busted out my two top front teeth last friday. At the dentist monday he capped my exposed root with a UV resin. It was nice to be suddenly distracted by thoughts of fly tying. I can now eat solid food again. Thanks to UV resin.
story pics?

·
Registered
592 Posts
^^^^^^^^

This post is no good without "how, what, when, where, why"

...and yes, I love my Clear Cure

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Totally worthless without PICS!

Show us your summer teeth, some are here, some are gone!

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds good. You've actually used this stuff, then, right? Still probably worth trying at that price even if not. Thanks.
I have indeed. It's great - almost as good as epoxy. Cures to a nice gloss without the tacky feel of some products. Free shipping - arrived all the way from China in less than a week. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK so by popular demand hear is the pic. THe how what why and where? I am a Forester running a crew doing some thinning in a park in the Black Forest. We are currently down due to mechanical issues with the tractor and wood chipper. We cleaned out the parking lots of bark etc where we have been putting firewood for the public. There was about an hour left so we went out to find and small supressed trees that we recently uncovered from the slash. We came upon a old pile of dirty slash from a previous thinning that we did not want to chip. I told the crew to drag and scatter the slash and proceed to do just that. I turn and start walking back to get more when I am hit in the face by a small tree that was blindly chucked hard. The idiot was in the middle of the crew just blindly chucking stuff. Never trust a bored 20 year old during his last day at work. I go in for a root canal fri.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THe longer of the two middle top teeth is very thin and jagged but at least it is not in the root. I am looking at a root canal, then they will build the teeth back up and bridge it. Until now I have had two fillings..... To say I am pissed of and mad about it would be an understatement. But I did get all my firewood split yesterday.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THey both are shorter in the back than the front. THe worst of the two broke off below the gumline in back.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So would this stuff be good to use to help secure a knot, say when attaching fly line to a tapered leader?

Sorry about your teeth, Bugz!
I don't think so. Stuff gives a fly a hard, glossy coat that takes a lot of fish teeth abuse, but Zap-a-gap probably better for coating a nail knot.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have indeed. It's great - almost as good as epoxy. Cures to a nice gloss without the tacky feel of some products. Free shipping - arrived all the way from China in less than a week. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks, fb. Will be ordering some shortly.

Good luck with the dental work, bugz. Tough break(s) there.

The UV stuff is pretty remarkable, and handy. I fixed some broken optic fibers on a bowsite with UV Wader Repair during archery elk season. Still fixed two years later.

·
Registered
592 Posts
THey both are shorter in the back than the front. THe worst of the two broke off below the gumline in back.
Man that sucks! I can hear the drill and smell the burnt enamel...I do have a small chip in my front tooth that created a handy sharp edge to slice light mono, maybe you could ask your dentist for a custom line cutter like that...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well got these falsey's. Looks better but not really up for corn on the cob. THey used more UV resin on these. Going in for the final fix on monday.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man that sucks! I can hear the drill and smell the burnt enamel...I do have a small chip in my front tooth that created a handy sharp edge to slice light mono, maybe you could ask your dentist for a custom line cutter like that...
I asked about that. My dentist is a fly fisher. He said stop biting the line! it is awful for your teeth. Then he offered to buy me some nippers..

Update on the new chompers. They look normal and I can eat apples and corn on the cob again. But the most heavily damaged of the two feels weird. It feels like I remember a newly loose tooth feeling when I was a kid. But it is solid and should stay that way.

They used more UV resin on the permanent tooth. That **** is like duct tape! it can make or fix anything!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I asked about that. My dentist is a fly fisher. He said stop biting the line! it is awful for your teeth. Then he offered to buy me some nippers..

Update on the new chompers. They look normal and I can eat apples and corn on the cob again. But the most heavily damaged of the two feels weird. It feels like I remember a newly loose tooth feeling when I was a kid. But it is solid and should stay that way.

They used more UV resin on the permanent tooth. That **** is like duct tape! it can make or fix anything!
Yeah. Its hard but dont bite your line. Haha. I know its convenient and all cuz i do it too but you can chip the shiz out of your teeth, thats for sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts