Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not bad fishin i must say. cats, bass, perch, billions of trout in the river, a crappie here and there, huge carp, and giant snappin turtles. i personally love the place. i caught a 9 pound small mouth and let it go. state record somewhere in there! also a 9 inch green sunfish. saw a 2, 15 pound cats. some big largies (5 to 7 ponds). a great place to take the kids and catch perch and trout. try it out! again i love it. 3 lakes to fish and one of the best places to catch insane amounts of trout.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,554 Posts
texasborncoloradoraised said:
not bad fishin i must say. cats, bass, perch, billions of trout in the river, a crappie here and there, huge carp, and giant snappin turtles. i personally love the place. i caught a 9 pound small mouth and let it go. state record somewhere in there! also a 9 inch green sunfish. saw a 2, 15 pound cats. some big largies (5 to 7 ponds). a great place to take the kids and catch perch and trout. try it out! again i love it. 3 lakes to fish and one of the best places to catch insane amounts of trout.
Yeah that place is ok. Get hammered a lot though by people who keep too many fish.

As for the 9lb smallmouth, you either have no idea what a smallmouth is, or you are a troll. The state record is under 6lbs for smallies in colorado. There isn't a 9lb smallie in any of those ponds....guaranteed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,422 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
texasborncoloradoraised said:
not bad fishin i must say. cats, bass, perch, billions of trout in the river, a crappie here and there, huge carp, and giant snappin turtles. i personally love the place. i caught a 9 pound small mouth and let it go. state record somewhere in there! also a 9 inch green sunfish. saw a 2, 15 pound cats. some big largies (5 to 7 ponds). a great place to take the kids and catch perch and trout. try it out! again i love it. 3 lakes to fish and one of the best places to catch insane amounts of trout.
Yeah that place is ok. Get hammered a lot though by people who keep too many fish.

As for the 9lb smallmouth, you either have no idea what a smallmouth is, or you are a troll. The state record is under 6lbs for smallies in colorado. There isn't a 9lb smallie in any of those ponds....guaranteed.
You trying to call the man a liar? I've seen a 9 pound smallie before.....they do exist..... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,269 Posts
I've seen a huge smallmouth in there, must have been at least 20 lbs, probably closer to 30. He was wearing a crown and holding a scepter in his fin, I think it was the legendary "King of the Smallies.". Only saw him that one time though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,554 Posts
I said there isn't a 9lb smallie in there.....that's because all the smallies in there are bigger than 9lbs...15lbs and above only.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,844 Posts
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
He was wearing a crown and holding a scepter in his fin
A scepter... I just peed!!! A SCEPTER!!!! This is why FMS is such a valuable addition to this site... simply the funniest thing ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,778 Posts
texasborncoloradoraised said:
i caught a 9 pound small mouth and let it go. state record somewhere in there!
HAHAHAHA....9 pound smallie. i'm pretty sure if i caught a 9 lb smallie in CO, it would not be released. i would have to stick it in the bass pro tank. no one would ever believe me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,273 Posts
I saw 2 4.5lb smallies this morning. They were about 25 min apart from each other. One right before my 1st cup of Joe and the other right after the bowl of Wheaties. A couple smaller crapies later in the day. All in all a good day!




Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,778 Posts
The Michigan state record is 9.25 lbs. And they consistently have people pulling out 6's and 7's. Nowhere in CO do people pull out 6's and 7's yearly. The world record is 11-15 and even that has controversy around it. good luck with your story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
texasborncoloradoraised said:
hey you aint gotta beleave me. i know my fish. there are state records in the lakes. haha its my story and i can tell it any way i want
Story more like Fairy tail! With a Capital F!! :D

No Pic no Fish!!!!

I caught a 45lb Bluegill from that place!! And a Huge Largemouth! See I have the Pictures to prove it! Unlike the person who started this post!



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,674 Posts
When they first opened years ago grampa and I fished it quite a bit. now it is overrun with folks and a good place for texans.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top