Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got off work and took the boys down to Valco Ponds, We walked to the 2nd one and on the way stopped at a couple spots along the first just to look at the gills. Seen 2 in the first pond that were over 10 inches (lots of little ones too). Found a spot that looked good for the boys to catch some gills and I could try for something bigger. The started catching sunfish left and right and having a good ole time and I started tossing out a senko. After getting only a couple light hits in a couple hours (not constantly fishing helping unhook some fish and measuring the "big one" a 7 incher) I decided to change up and toss out a worm on a floating jighead, before they were gone. It paid off with a nice 17 inch larry. (released) We called it a day shortly after that (ran out of worms, those sunfish are fast). The boys tell me since they caught 20 or so a piece and I caught 1 they were the master fisherman for today, I offered that the one I caught could of ate everything they caught but they weren't hearing it. >:D

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Sweet day on the water! there are some big bluegills in there!! :)

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seen alot of very large fish and turtles in those ponds today when I was there. Think they were carp though, but enough to get excited when you see them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts