Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the vallecito skunk has been removed. fished vallecito yesterday starting about 900am still a hard frost on most areas. caught the first of two nice fat bows at about 950am on a green and copper kastmaster my wife bought for my while greorcry shopping. the first bow was 16" and weigh about 1.5lbs according to my zebco deliar. the second bow came about 1050am. on the same lure this one measured about 17.5 and weighed in at a respectable 2.5 lbs. during the morning the lake was a still as glass. after noon the wind picked up and put a nice chop on the water. weather was sunny and clear. left after 200pm. all in all not a bad day really glad that skunk smell is gone

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Way to get rid of that Skunk. Always good when the woman picks you up fishing tackle grocery shopping.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey, Fatfish, go to the vet., he will have some stuff with live microbes that you can apply, leave it on for twenty minutes and shower, with your favorite soap (Dove), you will then smell good for Mrs. Fatfish! Just a joke!!! LOL, ;)
On another note, the vet. does have this stuff if your dog get's sprayed.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've seen some pics of MONSTER (15-20lb) browns that come out of this lake. Anyone seen anything this size come out this year? If I had a boat I would love to troll a 6" rainbow trout colored broken back rapala for a week straight down there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ePiC said:
Way to get rid of that Skunk.  Always good when the woman picks you up fishing tackle grocery shopping.
she is the best only thing is she bought 3 lures and i only got one. oh well how many of you can kiss :-* your fishing paterner everytime they catch a fish and not get strange looks from the rest of the people on the lake ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
good to hear from the other side of the mountain do you plan to ice fish there this year?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sold all my icefishing stuff before i left colorado three years ago. did not think i would need it virgina  proably not this year iam going to stick with navajo and san juan this year.  sunshine is going to start flyfishing so we'll spend the winter on the river.  i will post any info i hear about the ice fishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts