Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5hp force outboard it's between 1988-1995 according to serial # can't seem to locate model # it starts right up and runs great. I would like to know what it's worth if anyone could tell me more that would be awesome Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
You might try a google search. Guess the value is what someone is willing to give, or what a seller is willing to take. Know a 1994 8hp sold for 350, it seemed to run good. Typically, short shaft outboard motors can be as much as 100 per HP. Depending on what it has for compression would only guess $200 to $500

·
Registered
98 Posts
Good looking motor. Where are you getting parts for it? I checked a couple sites for a water pump impeller and couldn't find one.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I would say $350 - $500 if it is running. Value will hold until mid-July, then start falling. If you want to sell it, now is the time.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Merc bought Force-don't remember the year. If the motor was built after Mercury bought the company parts are gonna be easier to find and that helps sell it. If before Merc bought the company that would depress the price IMO.

$400 seems about right. Looks like a well maintained motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts