Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the boat out tonight. I got 23 walleyes and my partner got 4. Only two keepers. Conditions were pretty good until about 9:30 PM then the lake went calm and the bite turned off.

Smithwick Super Rogue in brown with orange belly got the two keepers.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Why not fish at night quite and peaceful
Heck slayer might even be romantic for you and some of your walleye pals trolling a moon light shore line anticipating a bend in a pole.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stickbait P - Thanks! It was a great night. I just enjoy having the lake to myself at night. Night is a whole different game from either the shore or the boat. There always seems to be good action on the south shore at night and it's pretty inaccessible by foot for much of it.

Slayer - I have to let the fish rest for a while after you've picked through them. Ha. The reality is I still have to do that dirty thing: work. Sadly, I have at least another year or two before I can retire.

Tangler - My friend has very slow reaction time coupled with the wrong rod. I use a 7' medium heavy with fast action for jerkbaits so I feel the bumps. He had a rod with a much softer tip and lost contact with the bait - IMO.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tangler - good luck. Let me know what worked for you. Go get 'em!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts