Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's wiggles fault. Haven't posted a report in a bit...but screw it.

If you are gonna vamp any time of the year, it should be now. At least that's what I told myself...so I took a break from bass. (plus i have a really wicked bass trip coming up >:D )

Thursday 03-09-17
Decided last minute to head out and vamp some eyes. Oyey said he was going too but was bringing his bike and fishing with John so I figured I wouldn't see him much. I got to the spot around 730 or so and hit up some sexy shore. I got bite pretty quick on a swb and it tore up my swb pretty good....but didn't hook up. Oyey showed up and went as far as he could as I suspected he would.

The next couple hours made me sad.....I was obviously not in the fish. Toward the end, I even flashed my light in the water as I was walking a good portion of the shore.....nothing gleaming back at me. I think the fish were further down the shore....as John was getting into them with Oyey. I decided I didn't want to walk that far, so I took off and drove to the another area. I like a point over there so I hit it up. I was saddened to see that my spot was barely fishable with as high as the water is smh ....but I fished anyways. I ended up getting paid off with a 21" eye....no pics of it because I was snapchatting instead of using the camera. I threw it back as I didn't wanna deal with it just one on a work night (*****)

Oyey texted me that John caught like 8 fish over on that particular stretch of shore. Pretty good night for a noob.

Friday 03-10-17
Wiggles decided to come down and fish with me n Oyey in Oyeys boat. We got out to the lake around 8pm and went to where John as catching them the night before. It was pretty damn slow right away. I managed to hook one fish on a jerk and it came off right at the boat....which was fine because it seemed like a short.

We all snagged a few times and around 1030p I ended up snagging on this POS.

It was pretty far up behind that damn thing and Oyey thought he could get it with his lure retriever pole. We tried....and Oyey was really extending trying to reach it. Next thing I know, Oyey goes crashing over the side of the boat and I grab his shirt. He is upsidedown with his legs hanging onto the boat and half of his upper torso submerged in the water. He sat like that for like 5 seconds in limbo....and for some reason he was still manipulating the pole like he was trying to get my lure :D :D ....the panicked mind is a nutty thing.

Anyways...I panicked and dropped my rod in the water and tried to pull him out.... but there was no way I was pulling him back into the boat by myself and his ass was gonna suffocate if he stayed like that much longer :D ......so over the side he went :O ....clusterfuck for the next 2-3min or so as he panicked in the water :panic: :drown: . It was 40 degrees out and the water was 41-42.....so we knew he wouldn't last long. Wiggles came up front and we tried to pull his waterlogged ass back into the boat without success.

He started feverishly talking to himself about how much time he had left before he would start cramping up...and denying our attempts to get him to come back in the boat. He wanted to get up on the shore on the rocks. nono1 So Wiggles and I told him to hold on and both of us super heaved his wet ass back into the boat. I retrieved my rod and his lure retriever and we all lold for a second and then headed back to the boat ramp. COLD ASS RIDE :-X

We get back to the ramp and Oyey runs for the truck. He was headed home to get in the shower. Wiggles and I decided to keep going even though we were both half wet as well from pulling him back into the boat :D so we headed back to the spot he fell in just to make sure we didnt lose anything else. Upon arriving, we were flashing our lights around and saw tons of eyeballs. Apparently the fish came up at that point :success: (sorry Oyey) LOL

Wiggles and I fished into the wee hours of the morning. We caught probably 15 or so fish including 6 keepers. We kept three of them for poor Oyey and left them in his livewell so that the trip wasn't all for not. He was messaging us later and in fairly good spirits ^-^

Fish were loving the jerkbait and the best fishing was from 11-1 or so....during the Major.

Exciting night overall….lol

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
We def should have taken pics :rofl: :lol: :nightswimming:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ha! Nice guys, the one thing about the vampire shift is no matter what fishing is like something nutty always happens, whether that's falling in, taking trebles to the face, hearing ridiculous convos across the lake, or hooking an owl on a swimbait. :D There is no getting around it.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Damn a Riv report...
didn't think you fished anymore
Sweet report

Too bad Toni doesn't add to the site by adding reports

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Sounds exciting! I think I'll stick with boring.Glad it all turned out alright.
Didja lip him?:biggrin1:
Save

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Glad it turned out okay - definitely makes a strong argument for fishing with friends when boating in the dark!

Exciting trip, and the fish even turned on for you (maybe we all need to thrash around in the water some before fishing)?;)

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Hmm- Oyey bent over the gunwale. You southern boys sure know how to have a little fun!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Hmm- Oyey bent over the gunwale. You southern boys sure know how to have a little fun!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Get this.. we were sober. SWEAR! I had 3 sips off my first beer when this happened. This was one of those random things that just kicks you in the nuts. I wish we had pictures.... it's funny now. At the time, it was kind of insane panic. I was never really scared, but I was a bit rattled for sure. As I drove home, stripped down to my drawers, I was in such a weird state of mind. I was nervous and truly rattled... About 1/2 way home, I started to calm down and the laughter set in! Man, while I don't love having been night swimming in early spring, it's sure a memory I will have for the rest of my life!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Wow, I'm glad Oyey is OK. I've been thinking I need to start wearing a PFD at all times. This report has me thinking about it even more. One thing that can help is to go to the back of the boat and use the fin on the lower unit to step on and help climb back in the boat if it is not in gear. Also in warmer water it never hurts to jump in and practice or figure out how to get back in your boat.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Wow, I'm glad Oyey is OK. I've been thinking I need to start wearing a PFD at all times. This report has me thinking about it even more. One thing that can help is to go to the back of the boat and use the fin on the lower unit to step on and help climb back in the boat if it is not in gear. Also in warmer water it never hurts to jump in and practice or figure out how to get back in your boat.
I've gotten in and out of my boat bunches of times... I use the fin on the motor, like you said. The back of the boat seemed like a long ways away at the time!! ROFL. I just didn't make it a point to tell those two that was how I could get in... They were pretty adamant about dragging me in by the coat!

I don't like wearing a PFD... unless I'm knocked out, I will survive.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts