Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will probably be our last shot this year to grow the Walleye Central 10lb Club boys ;) Get out and take lots of pics! Ice is coming :(

Just curious what you guys like? Going into the Full Moon or leaving it? I prefer the waning, but want to be out as much as possible. I have found the most intense bite happens about an hour later each night thru the cycle.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Neal/CO said:
This will probably be our last shot this year to grow the Walleye Central 10lb Club boys ;) Get out and take lots of pics! Ice is coming :(

Just curious what you guys like? Going into the Full Moon or leaving it? I prefer the waning, but want to be out as much as possible. I have found the most intense bite happens about an hour later each night thru the cycle.
Nope, sorry, this is a Werewolf Moon my fellow creature of the night!

Waning is pretty good, I like half moons too...waxing is always slow for me, until about half.... Seems like the best days for me are about a week before, and a week after the fully....

Get yo howl on!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
My best times are whenever I can get out. I've come close to getting that 10#, but so far not quite there. I'll be out again!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Before and after the full moon have been best for me. That's just for numbers of eater's. Considering my biggest eye is just short of 7#. Guess I need to sharpen up my skills under the full moon

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Neal/CO said:

I'm stoked the full moon is comming!

Just curious what you guys like? Going into the Full Moon or leaving it? I prefer the waning,

I don't have it down to that much of a science yet...but I know I've done better around the full moon...

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
HookNLine said:
Fished last night in the snow for an hour or so. Crazy Kenny talked me into it. That dude is nuts! Didn't even get a bite.
I am a bit of a bad influence....and I think I'm a Jinx too....Funny how the new locator wasn't working right last night when I was there... :p ANNNND we didn't even get a bite... Damn, I thought I double tapped that skunk! :mad:

Got your stuff ready for tonight? ;) :D ;D

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got out for two hours tonight. Unfortunately it doesn't warrant a report :mad: One small Saugeye was all I could muster. It was cold!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts