Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got off work at 1115. Put my music on shuffle. This one got stuck in my head all night.

Got to where I wanted to go by 1215. No moon. Slight breeze. Tons of eyes looking back at me constantly. But they're actively spawning so they aren't concerned with food right now. That's what I'm going with because I haven't been able to get one of them in three nights. Not even a bite for two hours. Then one hit it hard. Finally nabbed one that was out of my view. Maybe 10 feet off the shore. Very next cast I lost my lure. I'm going home. Not bad

20 inches. 5.1 lbs

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Right on Dr Doom!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Well done! (btw, lippin aint for eyes!)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I found out the hard way. Lol. I had already bonked em and was trying to get a pic down his mouth. Didn't see the bottom chompers. That stopped real fast.

Thanks guys. I saw all those pics you all posted last year and was jealous. I swore up and down I was gonna make something happen this year. So I got a little something so far.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha. It was part of my conditioning process. I'm on a quest to make my hands tough as leather. So far I can loosen engine bolts with my fingers.... just sayin

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
If you want to toughen those fingers up, go lippin a pikey or musky!! :madgrin: :eek:

>:D

*disclaimer*

jk

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
I found out the hard way. Lol. I had already bonked em and was trying to get a pic down his mouth. Didn't see the bottom chompers. That stopped real fast.

Thanks guys. I saw all those pics you all posted last year and was jealous. I swore up and down I was gonna make something happen this year. So I got a little something so far.
Doom youre a beauty u crack me up!...all those big eye mouth pictures you have marveled at and you didnt know they had bottom chompers!...awesome work!

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Nice! I think you're better at catching eyes than trout-

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice! I think you're better at catching eyes than trout-
Unless we're fishing for perch. Then I can't keep the fuckers off my line. It's a good you guys take me fishing. I'm getting better at it all in my opinion. The wealth of knowledge in starting to pick up. The other day this dude was talking about using leeches to catch walleye at pueblo. Three months ago I'd have said yeah leeches work good. But yesterday, oh no man the water is too cold. Your leeches will ball up like a Rollie Pollie. Haha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts