Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I fished six hours last night. I had about half a dozen guys within 200 yards form me. It was like a frickin Laser Show out there:mad: I bet it showed up on Sattelite's, lol. These idiots show up every spring! They even leave their headlamps on while casting???

So after these master anglers go home, I see another group of four working their way towards the point I am on. These idiots have a spotlight! So of course they light me and every fish for up to a mile three times:mad: I flash them back just to make sure they know I am there. So I cast out and start retrieving and they blast me right in the eye's with the spotlight. I am immediately blinded. Right at this same moment I snag up, "or so I thought? In disgust I try to pull loose and a big girl rolls right in front of me and sends my jerkbait back at me at warp speed:mad::mad::mad:. My only bite of the night! I swear I wanted to shoot them, lol.

So as I am walking back to my car at 1 AM the real fun starts. The key fob to my highlander is dead! It takes me and about a dozen well wishing coyote's a half hour to manually start it. I think they were actually laughing at me?

Maybe Gander should sponsor a remedial Head Lamp course? Donald can teach it and tell them about the wonderful bite this time of year at Bonny:cool:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Sounds like we had their cousins where we were. Not so much with the headlamps , but much too close for comfort with all that gear whizzing around....

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Sounds rough! Hopefully I don't find my spots lined up when I head back out. The only consolation is that most of those guys are seasonal and they don't keep at it for very long. They are usually gone when it's time for the "real business."

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds rough! Hopefully I don't find my spots lined up when I head back out. The only consolation is that most of those guys are seasonal and they don't keep at it for very long. They are usually gone when it's time for the "real business."
Where I am they are in a post spawn or spawning funk! Very tough fishing right now! Some moonlight will help also!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Took the dog and my spin rod up to the res. last night from about 630-830, throwing countdowns, xraps etc etc with varying styles of retreives and not even a nibble. It was good to get the spin gear out again and yesterday evening was pretty nice, started out the night by snapping off a countdown on the first cast so I guess I knew I was in for a skunk.

Didn't realize this was such a polarizing topic (walleye ignorance) but I guess you could draw parallels to the hunting regulations making the use of spotlights to find game illegal/unethical. I suppose I will play it safe and "probe" around in the dark until I find what works. Nice thing is that the couple times I have gone, I haven't seen anyone!

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
I started another thread in the Colorado Fishing category named... To spot or not to spot... and moved a bunch of posts to there from here where we can continue the lesson on if it is good or bad to use this method of spotting. I feel it belongs there as a topic where non-registered folks might learn from it instead of in Neal's report here! THX!!!

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Sounds like a rough night Neal...hang in there and keep pounding the water!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts