Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last week and a half, I have had all of these happen:

DONT'S:

• Shine your "HEADLIGHT OF GOD" on the water shining for eyes.
  • Shine your "HEADLIGHT OF GOD" at the fisherman next to you every F%^&ing time his bait hits the water.
  • Shine your "HEADLIGHT OF GOD" on the water where a fellow fisherman is fishing.
  • Have total disregard for your fellow fisherman by making enough noise to wake the dead.
  • Fish RIGHT NEXT to a fellow fisherman without asking if its ok. Its a big friggin lake c%^&kmuncher, find another spot.
DO's:

• Use your "HEADLAMP OF GOD" as least as possible.
  • Consider reducing the lumen output of your "HEADLAMP OF GOD" to say, 3,000 lumens so you don't blind fellow fisherman for 3 miles around you.
  • Be polite. Ask if its ok to fish near a fellow fisherman. Many of us cast parallel to shore and take up a bit of space. We can adjust--just ask.
  • Pick up your trash, especially old line. Pack out what you pack in.
  • Try to be as stealthy as you can. If a dropped lure on an aluminum boat can spook an eye then knocking a 2' boulder into the water aint gonna help.
Just sayin...

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
In the last week and a half, I have had all of these happen:

DONT'S:

• Shine your "HEADLIGHT OF GOD" on the water shining for eyes.
  • Shine your "HEADLIGHT OF GOD" at the fisherman next to you every F%^&ing time his bait hits the water.
  • Shine your "HEADLIGHT OF GOD" on the water where a fellow fisherman is fishing.
  • Have total disregard for your fellow fisherman by making enough noise to wake the dead.
  • Fish RIGHT NEXT to a fellow fisherman without asking if its ok. Its a big friggin lake c%^&kmuncher, find another spot.
DO's:

• Use your "HEADLAMP OF GOD" as least as possible.
  • Consider reducing the lumen output of your "HEADLAMP OF GOD" to say, 3,000 lumens so you don't blind fellow fisherman for 3 miles around you.
  • Be polite. Ask if its ok to fish near a fellow fisherman. Many of us cast parallel to shore and take up a bit of space. We can adjust--just ask.
  • Pick up your trash, especially old line. Pack out what you pack in.
  • Try to be as stealthy as you can. If a dropped lure on an aluminum boat can spook an eye then knocking a 2' boulder into the water aint gonna help.
Just sayin...
Oh Timmy... You haven't been back long enough to be allowed to chastise... :D

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pfffffft. Whateva...LOL! I'm a night stalker from way back. So. Dak. night stalker on top of it.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Denver a bit busy?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really. Just retards. I'm usually pretty easy going but the headlamp in the eye thing just about got three kids tossed in the lake.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Dont cry when im fishing the same shoreline in my boat...

"You have an entire lake to fish."

Yes I do, but this IS where im going to fish for now.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont cry when im fishing the same shoreline in my boat...

"You have an entire lake to fish."

Yes I do, but this IS where im going to fish for now.
I follow the "Fist dibs" rule. Pretty simple and courteous. Didn't really have to worry about that too much power line fishing in Chicago. You literally had a cannon that would shoot a 1 lb lead weight 300 yards. Boats didn't get too close. :)

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice Hobie. I was thinking along the lines of...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I hear ya Tim! It is amazing how inept most of these guys are! The good news is that the water is slowly warming and as soon as the other lakes warm and ice out, a lot of people will switch to bass, catfish and stupid slimers. I don't know what it is about Chatfield? The place is like a laser light show there at night, lol. None of those guys ever catch anything either, lol.

I was fishing a lake down south about a week ago and I had another 8 or so guys sharing the dam with me. Every fucking one of them shined their lights on the water. We all got the skunk that night.

I have been out a dozen nights/afternoons so far this month. I have only fished Chatty once and I didn't stay long. The day bite is finally starting to pick up also. I jigged up a half dozen decent fish yesterday at A-town.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hear ya Tim! It is amazing how inept most of these guys are! The good news is that the water is slowly warming and as soon as the other lakes warm and ice out, a lot of people will switch to bass, catfish and stupid slimers. I don't know what it is about Chatfield? The place is like a laser light show there at night, lol. None of those guys ever catch anything either, lol.

I was fishing a lake down south about a week ago and I had another 8 or so guys sharing the dam with me. Every fucking one of them shined their lights on the water. We all got the skunk that night.

I have been out a dozen nights/afternoons so far this month. I have only fished Chatty once and I didn't stay long. The day bite is finally starting to pick up also. I jigged up a half dozen decent fish yesterday at A-town.
Karma: Last night I hit Shatty for a few hrs. on the way home. Right about sunset I tripped on the lovely rip rap and knocked a 2' boulder into the water. No lie. Serves me right.

I can tell you where they aren't at Shatty--The north boat ramps. 5 guys fishing all the way around it--all with the schnide. I try to find areas with steep breaks to deeper water for the shallow bite and the one spot on the east side of the lake is inaccessible (as far as I can tell) with the water being up and the other is the dam which is netted. That doesn't leave too many options. If I had a boat, I would toss cranks at the east point along the dam and along the dam where the old creek channel meets it, 50' to either side. Everything else is mostly miss with the occasional hit.

I'm out about as much as you Neal. Gimme a holler next time. Looking for a place to go Friday night. Thinking Carter...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts