Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
463 Posts
@TEAM CO.F.F. I saw on your comments that you are considering learning fly fishing here soon! I think that is awesome, it is a great tool to add to your arsenal, and more importantly it is alot of fun once you get past the initial learning curve.

Honestly there is not a better time to try it. I would suggest fishing for stocker bows using leech patterns under an indicator to get you used to the feel of things and as a bonus you will probably catch some fish on the fly rod. Bows tend to patrol close to shore this time of year so you don't need to cast all that far out either. That pond where you and Sam did the one hour challenge would probably be good.Leech patterns are good year round, but work especially well in spring. Black and Maroon are my two most successful colors. Casting is not all that hard either, lots of helpful videos on the subject, but just practice in a park or lawn for a bit before going out on the water.

River fishing is a bit more of a learning curve, and I am still not great at it with my fly rod, but it can be alot of fun. I am more of a stillwater fly fisherman, and I target warmwater species as well as trout.

· Registered
463 Posts
Just hard right now because I would rather go out with someone to have them show me...I don't mind researching and learning on my own but I feel it would be a lot more fun with others...
I feel ya about fishing with others. Once all this craziness is over that will be easier. Talking about this inspired me to put out a fishing video actually. I had one hour to fish on Saturday and tried to demonstrate what I was talking about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.