Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Re: Vehicle crashes into Chatfield Res.

If it crashed through a fence along C-470 it should be pretty easy to spot

·
Registered
902 Posts

Must have gone into the spillway pond. No way it could have made it into the main res.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

Same thing I was thinking Bobwall. It's a long ways and lots of obstacles between 470 and the lake itself.

·
Registered
164 Posts

Yea.. From what I understand from 9 news last night  it went into the spillway pond

·
Registered
258 Posts

Here is what the News is saying about "who was driving"??

According to Littleton Fire Department officials, the owner of the truck was located Wednesday morning but few additional details were released.

It was not known if anyone was in the truck when it went through the fence and into the water, accident investigators said.

A son of the truck's owner was the last one with the vehicle and state patrol troopers were investigating how it ended up in the water.

·
Registered
258 Posts

I don't get this statement ??? ???
What happened to the driver????

It was not known if anyone was in the truck when it went through the fence and into the water, accident investigators said.

M

·
0 Posts

Could have been an attempt at an insurance claim? It would be nice if the parent knew where his kid was (hopefully not still in the truck).

All in all, hopefully there wasn't that much gas or oil in it. Definately good structure for fish ;D

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

Mr. Ed said:
Definately good structure for fish  ;D
Mr. Ed, you are a sick sick man.  Wanna meet up and go fish it?   ;D

Sorry, bad joke.  I really hope no one was hurt.

·
Registered
258 Posts
There actually was no one in the truck!!! Here is what the News just released:

It turns out that the car owner's son was driving along C-470 Tuesday night when he had mechanical problems and pulled over. He walked to a gas station. Somehow the unattended car then rolled through a fence, down an embankment and into the overflow pond.

Witnesses initially reported seeing people in the car. But the Colorado State Patrol determined upon further interviews, that they only saw the car rolling.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I myself am waiting to drive into a lake or river when passing by...i spend more time looking for rising fish when i should be paying more attention to my driving...

M

·
0 Posts
Rottal said:
I myself am waiting to drive into a lake or river when passing by...i spend more time looking for rising fish when i should be paying more attention to my driving...
Just make sure you aren't on top of the Granby Dam - that one has spooked me a couple times (I always see fish rising there when I'm driving over it).

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Or just...

Code:
[url=http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=1c8537a9-0abe-421a-0145-035956c41841&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf]here is the link[/url]
;)
like this

1 - 18 of 18 Posts