Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, me and my dad finally said enough is enough of fishing the same ol' pueblo res, so we packed up the gear and headed out.

We got on the road at about nine, and was definitely not looking forward to driving, but i first stop was a little lake by dye reservoir(i cant remember the name of it now)

The water was terribly low, and has no access to boats.... should've brought the float tubes :-\

So on we went with our journey to the main lake.........

Once again, the water at john martin is also low, but not unfishable! O0
we only fished for a short time(about 45 minutes) on the dam by the main boat ramp.
fishing was slow, and the wind was starting to pick up, so once again, we decided to move.

Across the dam we go...

from here we headed to the inlet area....

And as it turns out, fishing was great!!(i would've takin more pics, but was having to much fun losing my skunk!)

All in all, got five eyes, two s-eyes, and a random cat.
My pops got a nice eye, and a sucker.

wish he would have got more. Although i did have a great day with him.

All fish were caught on red and silver X-raps, and were all released.

Tight lines,
DH

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know :D i'll never be back there for a long time, so its no biggy. Especially since everyone I seen down at the was pitchin the pb lol

But thanks slayer O0

·
Registered
490 Posts
Nice report, glad to hear you made it out our way; hope you enjoyed JM before it gets bombarded by everyone.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Your first pic looks like Holbrook lake?
They have had a few fish kill offs over the last few years. And most of the water rights down there have been sold off to Denver and surounding area water companys. The lake every summer is down to 20% almost..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow thats ridiculous, 20 percent? I was expecting decent wiper to be in there, but I guess I won't be fishing there lol

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I had to make that 3hr trek today down that way to drop my girls off in Swink with my Parents. I even packed my tackle and never even whent. I was only 15minutes away. I didn't have enough time and had to be in littleton for an appointment. Oh well, There is plenty of places and fishing around here.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks james, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And benson, and james, if you ever get a chance, try to get down there while there is low water in the river, we spotted tons of fish, i was just dying to get into eyes.

By the way, boat ramps open april 1st.

DH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts