Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a 4 day holiday and only 1 report in fishing reports the day after.
it looks like no one on here fishes anymore, come on guys you don't have to tell all your hot spots, you can share your trips for those of us who cant get out like we used to with out telling all your secrets

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I went to Clear Creek Reservoir this past Sunday, caught 3 small trout on a brown hackle lure. Went to Twin Lakes on Monday and Tuesday and was skunked (really windy Monday afternoon and sheriff called out in response to sailboat blown over and missing wake boarder, rough getting in to get off the lake as my friend wanted to stay on the water in his boat). Will never go back to either place again. Stopped by 11 Mile Reservoir on way home and fished 10 minutes, landed a 20-inch rainbow on my brown hackle before my wife said I had to leave to moderate a domestic dispute between her friend and her husband. My 4-day weekend basically sucked. Blown tire on friend's Tahoe, broken leaf spring on boat trailer I was towing, broken power steering and brakes on friend's Dodge Ram 3500, ants swarmed my Yorkie in the 10 minutes I spent fishing at 11 Mile. Luckily, my Ram escaped unscathed. Will go back to 11 Mile this weekend to actually have a relaxing fishing weekend.

·
Registered
625 Posts
went to wyoming, it was erie calm. got to use the kayak without barfing for the first time ever. caught 4 stocker trout, 3 at 10" one at 14.....the most exciting part was that I didn't barf in a boat.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I gave up fishing holiday weekends years ago, let the masses have their holiday weekends and free fishing days; it's safer for me (and them) this way :p

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Byron, I'm sorry not to have a report. Work schedule sucked ass last week. Had a fence to put up on Saturday. Rested Sunday. Worked Monday and I don't do crowded ass lakes on Holidays either.

The good news is I have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off this week and every week after unless someone decided to pay OT.

BTW- the 'eye bite is still very good at P-LO even though many on other sites say it isn't. You just have to work a little :wink: They're still feeding in the normal places for sure. I got over 40 last week in a little less than 4 hours.

No pics. Too busy catching doubles!!

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Besides Atown on Sunday, went out on Barr Monday with wifey in kayaks. I got a 8lb carp on blade right in the lips 10th cast. Few other hits in 2 hrs. Barely escaped the 50 MPH wind gusts in afternoon. Beat them by literally 2 minutes!

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
I fished a local rez that starts with an A on Sunday am. Five bites five fish. 4 on a Spro popping frog, one pitching a Texas rigged tube-X 5/0 Trokar Heavy wire EWG hook and a 3/8 oz tungsten pegged. All five fish were same yearclass largemouth right at three pounds.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
these are all good reports and thanks for the effort. just a few years ago there were 6-10 reports every week and it was interesting to see what was happening. it would be nice to get the Colorado fishing reports back again. I know that a lot of the problem is the bragging board but cant you also post a report so those don't care to look at photos of fish other folks have caught. if you want to post a pic in the reports it is fine by me but I like to read about your trip more. I know that your trip was interesting to you or you would not go, there are things that are funny and some are sad as it shows in these reports. the best thing is that it helps us all to get to know each better, as happened to me a few weeks ago , I went out with a guy I met on here and had a great time with him, and just today I had a nice pm from a person on here and we might meet soon to talk fishing. this is what this forum is all about, meeting other fishermen and gals and make friends.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts