Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There are a lot of talkers in the world, but fewer doers. Some of the most admirable doers to be found anywhere are the brave men and women who have pledged to serve and defend this country -- with their very lives if necessary. Once a year we set aside a special day to say thank you to all our veterans for their work and sacrifice on our behalf.

Many veterans are among those who have left their mark here at ColoradoFisherman.com in the form of posts, past & present. I've done my best to compile as complete a list of these individuals as possible, but I hope that any names I have inadvertently missed will be brought to my attention.

Veterans of the CF community, this citizen wishes to express his heartfelt thanks to all of you for wearing the uniform of the country that I dearly love. God bless you all! Specifically, I now thank . . .

14FtLowe, 73Fisherman, Abbner, Acutsforth, AFishMan, AirborneFish, ArielDg, Armchair Angler, AzBasserNCo, Beer, Bait & Ammo, BassUnlimited, Body on Ice, Bollie, Bones, Bottom Feeder, Bout-Time, Buster, C-Bass, Cajun, CaptureTheWild, Cards25, CfgSteak, Chief, ClearWaterOutfitter, Clint Walker, Cody375, CowboyFisherman, Da_ Cheesehead, Da_Yooper, DaddysLilMen, Depayne12, DisplacedFisherman, Earplug, ElPasoCounty, Epic, EyeHunter27, FireDawg, Fischer, Fish4Fish, FishFrey, FishinWithLund, FlyFishGeek, FlyFishingCrazy, FlyFishnFool, GMCO45, Haf2Fish, HeavyC, Heron Laker, HookMeUp2, Hosswolf, IceMarine, IslandFishrman, IvanDog, Jason Balazs, JBerk, JDFerguson, JJBailey, Kentucky, Koldkut, Kries22, Lake1177, Laker Taker, LazyDave, LeeRain, LoveToFish, LoweBoy, Lucky7, MeAndMyDog, Mij, MyBoysRMyHeart, Needlesxx, OneFishinFool, Pappy, PlowDog, RampartTroller, RazorsEdge31, ReconAbe, RedLegIceMan, RobertERitchie, Rottal, Sakalmon, Sswan, Stan6, TerDog, TheOtherSide, Tommy13, TonyQ, Tuppergun, VN/VET69-70, Wahoo, Walleye Seeker, We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat! [size=13pt]and YardDog64

But I don't want to 'speak for the forum' -- so that's why I'm hoping that many other ColoradoFisherman.com members will take a moment to register their gratitude in the column below.

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you'd like to see all the names (usernames) of CF.com veterans in a single block:

14FtLowe, 73Fisherman, Abbner, Acutsforth, AFishMan, AirborneFish, ArielDg, Armchair Angler, AzBasserNCo, Beer, Bait & Ammo, BassUnlimited, Body on Ice, Bollie, Bones, Bottom Feeder, Bout-Time, Buster, C-Bass, Cajun, CaptureTheWild, Cards25, CfgSteak, Chief, ClearWaterOutfitter, Clint Walker, Cody375, CowboyFisherman, Da_ Cheesehead, Da_Yooper, DaddysLilMen, Depayne12, DisplacedFisherman, Earplug, ElPasoCounty, Epic, EyeHunter27, FireDawg, Fischer, Fish4Fish, FishFrey, FishinWithLund, FlyFishGeek, FlyFishingCrazy, FlyFishnFool, GMCO45, Haf2Fish, HeavyC, Heron Laker, HookMeUp2, Hosswolf, IceMarine, IslandFishrman, IvanDog, Jason Balazs, JBerk, JDFerguson, JJBailey, Kentucky, Koldkut, Kries22, Lake1177, Laker Taker, LazyDave, LeeRain, LoveToFish, LoweBoy, Lucky7, MeAndMyDog, Mij, MyBoysRMyHeart, Needlesxx, OneFishinFool, Pappy, PlowDog, RampartTroller, RazorsEdge31, ReconAbe, RedLegIceMan, RobertERitchie, Rottal, Sakalmon, Sswan, Stan6, TerDog, TheOtherSide, Tommy13, TonyQ, Tuppergun, VN/VET69-70, Wahoo, Walleye Seeker, We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat! and YardDog64.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Freedom is not Free
by Ashley Persyn

There is a price we pay for freedom
For it is not truly free
But rather paid for by the contributions of veterans
To buy our liberty

As their blood drains from their body and runs like a river through the grass
Over the years it's forgotten, war is placed in our past
I don't think we all realize the importance veterans play
as they voluntarily serve America each and every day

We should honor the veterans for they act like a shield
Protecting us from danger, keeping America healed.
So if you would take a second to commemorate
You will instantly see
We owe veterans our gratitude
For they are the reason we are free

ThankYou

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Hop said:
If you'd like to see all the names (of CF.com veterans) in a single block:

14FtLowe, Abbner, Acutsforth, AFishMan, AirborneFish, ArielDg, Armchair Angler, AzBasserNCo, Beer, Bait & Ammo, BassUnlimited, BodyOnIce, Bollie, Bones, Bout-Time, Buster, C-Bass, Cajun, CaptureTheWild, Cards25, CfgSteak, Chief, ClearWaterOutfitter, Clint Walker, Cody375, CowboyFisherman, Da_ Cheesehead, Da_Yooper, DaddysLilMen, Depayne12, DisplacedFisherman, Earplug, ElPasoCounty, Epic, EyeHunter27, FireDawg, Fischer, Fish4Fish, FishFrey, FishinWithLund, FlyFishingCrazy, FlyFishnFool, GMCO45, Haf2Fish, HeavyC, Heron Laker, HookMeUp, Hosswolf, IceMarine, IslandFishrman, IvanDog, Jason Balazs, JBerk, JDFerguson, JJBailey, Kentucky, Koldkut, Kries22, Lake1177, LazyDave, LeeRain, LoveToFish, LoweBoy, Lucky7, MeAndMyDog, Mij, MyBoysRMyHeart, Needlesxx, OneFishinFool, Pappy, PlowDog, RampartTroller, RazorsEdge31, ReconAbe, RedLegIceMan, RobertERitchie, Rottal, Rueg68, Sakalmon, Slayerfish, Sswan, Stan6, TerDog, TheOtherSide, Tommy13, TonyQ, Tuppergun, VN/VET69-70, Wahoo, Walleye Seeker, We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat! and YardDog64.
Thanks guys!...well everyone but Rottal!!!... ;) :D

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Thank you to all of our members who served/serve. I am humbled by your efforts.

Today I will attend a dedication of the bridge on the River Walk in Pueblo where my uncle's name will be placed. He died for our country and is sorely missed. 5 of my 6 uncles served and went to war, as did my dad, and they are all heroes to me.

Thanks guys, really. What our vets have given to protect and provide our way of life is slelfless and truly in the spirit of what we America is made of. I salute you.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
The military was the best/worst thing I ever did. I told my boss we were going to stage an uprising at work today, as vets out number non-vets here O0

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Hop said:
If you'd like to see all the names (of CF.com veterans) in a single block:

14FtLowe, Abbner, Acutsforth, AFishMan, AirborneFish, ArielDg, Armchair Angler, AzBasserNCo, Beer, Bait & Ammo, BassUnlimited, BodyOnIce, Bollie, Bones, Bout-Time, Buster, C-Bass, Cajun, CaptureTheWild, Cards25, CfgSteak, Chief, ClearWaterOutfitter, Clint Walker, Cody375, CowboyFisherman, Da_ Cheesehead, Da_Yooper, DaddysLilMen, Depayne12, DisplacedFisherman, Earplug, ElPasoCounty, Epic, EyeHunter27, FireDawg, Fischer, Fish4Fish, FishFrey, FishinWithLund, FlyFishingCrazy, FlyFishnFool, GMCO45, Haf2Fish, HeavyC, Heron Laker, HookMeUp, Hosswolf, IceMarine, IslandFishrman, IvanDog, Jason Balazs, JBerk, JDFerguson, JJBailey, Kentucky, Koldkut, Kries22, Lake1177, LazyDave, LeeRain, LoveToFish, LoweBoy, Lucky7, MeAndMyDog, Mij, MyBoysRMyHeart, Needlesxx, OneFishinFool, Pappy, PlowDog, RampartTroller, RazorsEdge31, ReconAbe, RedLegIceMan, RobertERitchie, Rottal, Rueg68, Sakalmon, Slayerfish, Sswan, Stan6, TerDog, TheOtherSide, Tommy13, TonyQ, Tuppergun, VN/VET69-70, Wahoo, Walleye Seeker, We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat! and YardDog64.
Thanks fellahs. And thanks to all who serve.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Defiantly a great "thank you" to all who have served past & present!!!

D.J.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FLYFISHGEEK said:
The military was the best/worst thing I ever did.
Am thrilled to have added Terry (FlyFishGeek) to our distinguished lists above. I salute you, sir.

BTW, a tip of the hat to "Google", who has altered in a classy, patriotic way their normal logo on their homepage in honor of today's remembrance.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Hop said:
A very sincere thanks to all who took the oath...from myself and my family!!!!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Thank you to all who have served and will serve. Words don't begin to describe my gratitude.

Thanks Hop for putting together that list. That's awesome.

Eli

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
The single best thread post of the year so far....thanks can never be said enough to those who have and continue to serve, so that we can enjoy the lifestyles that we are all accustomed to.

·
Registered
832 Posts
A very sincere thanks to all who took the oath...from myself and my family!!!!
So you will take me Walleye fishing one of these night Jeremy? ;) I promise to release any fish that you want me to if I ever catch any.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts