Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Longdraw,

Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for one in this price range for about a year. I met the guy yesterday and I'm now the proud new owner of a FL-8 SE. He had used it one time and as advertised, it is "like new". What a screaming deal! The hardest part will be waiting 6 months for low temps and hardwater. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Jigger said:
Longdraw,

Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for one in this price range for about a year. I met the guy yesterday and I'm now the proud new owner of a FL-8 SE. He had used it one time and as advertised, it is "like new". What a screaming deal! The hardest part will be waiting 6 months for low temps and hardwater. Thanks again.
I've heard stories of people mounting their vex's on their boats or one man pontoons. ;)

I haven't quite done this myself, but I did get a few pieces, just haven't put it together on my pontoon yet.

Rob

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've heard stories of people mounting their vex's on their boats or one man pontoons.
I suppose that would work if I had a boat or pontoon. :-\ I bought this specifically for ice fishing.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slimer said:
I've heard stories of people mounting their vex's on their boats or one man pontoons. ;)

I haven't quite done this myself, but I did get a few pieces, just haven't put it together on my pontoon yet.

Rob
I have my Marcum mounted on the bow of my boat but only use it when vertical jigging lakers. It rocks to have a flasher on the boat though. I went to the Marcum website and bought a transducer to mount on the Motor Guide, and it came with a gimbal bracket. I love it! Just don't fish Macks enough I guess.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
longdraw said:
Slimer said:

Rob

I have my Marcum mounted on the bow of my boat but only use it when vertical jigging lakers. It rocks to have a flasher on the boat though. I went to the Marcum website and bought a transducer to mount on the Motor Guide, and it came with a gimbal bracket. I love it! Just don't fish Macks enough I guess.
Thats all I need for my vex is a transducer and a piece for the mounting bracket. Only been on my pontoon once since I got it though. Need to get out on it a hell of a lot more but it's such a pain in the ass to setup and tear down.

Rob

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
longdraw said:
Slimer said:

Rob

great dropshotting tool also! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts