Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, some of yous guys told me about using the solder-type connector kit from Lowrance to connect a vexilar iceducer. I'm thinking about doing it. Does anyone know the pin assignments of the vexilar plug, or which wires are which on the vex iceducer cables?

B

·
0 Posts
there are 2 wires on a transducer the + and - , the center conductor is the +, and the shield is the -, you need the pinout of the lowrance, this is on the lowrance internet site. easy to do....but then I'm a electronic tech......

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bobco said:
there are 2 wires on a transducer the + and - , the center conductor is the +, and the shield is the -, you need the pinout of the lowrance, this is on the lowrance internet site. easy to do....but then I'm a electronic tech......
Connectors are easy for me, also... I'm not an electronic tech, but I do play one on the television channel that plays in my head all the time.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Cutthroat said:
bobco said:
I thought you stayed in a "Holiday Inn Express" last night!

Dan

Connectors are easy for me, also... I'm not an electronic tech, but I do play one on the television channel that plays in my head all the time.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Cutt, call Gene at the Thornton Gander Mtn. fishing dept. He has made the conversion and can tell you how and why it should be done. Looney.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Found this on the VEX website. The Ice-Ducer will also work on many other bands of sonar. If the unit is 200 kHz and the proper connector is available we can set you up.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
checkin it out, now.... only found a the adapter for their alumaducer, which has a different connector that even requires an adaptor to work with their own units. Didn't find an adapter for the iceducer to connect to other brands, but I sent an email to inquire about one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts