Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vexilar Service is 5 Star Excellent. Made in America, and serviced at their Minnesota headquarters. After the last trip to Granby, I noticed that my FL-20, dual cone was not working nearly as well as Clay's FL-18. I called the factory and they said to ship it to them on my dime and they would diagnose it, call me with any charges, and ship it back to me on their dime.

In less than a week they had it back to me. There was no charge at all. They adjusted the sensitivity and did a few other tune ups. Here's the cool part. They replaced the transducer float for free. They also replaced half of the main assembly because I broke off one of the arms that is used to wrap the cable around. I broke it off when I tipped over the snowmobile with me and 2 passengers + gear at Granby 2 years ago. Stan6, that was cool, huh? They also cleaned the whole unit up for me.

I will be a Vexilar customer for life! American made and old fashioned customer service. Wow!!

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
thats awesome, i recently had a rod broken due to someone elses stupidity, called them, shipped it to them and they replaced it no questions asked, i tried explaining my story but she said no need necessary ;D love this type of stuff also in less than a week

·
Registered
194 Posts
Gotta love customer service! Especially after what we pay for these units.

I had the the exact same experience with Marcum this year also.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Nice Chris, maybe now you can catch a fish or two. ;D

Fowl_Hooked said:
Stan6 said:
Ben and I still talk about that to this day!! Good times Brother!!

Agree, Vex's customer service rocks like no other!! ;D

LOL -- That was fun. Looked like a garage sale
I remember, Jeff and I were right behind you guys on the snowmobiles when Chris decided to scatter all your ice gear all over the ice. That was the same day, Ben, that you caught and released this beauty.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Wow great shot...beautiful laker!!..congrats...

·
Registered
238 Posts
They are an A+++ company. I knocked my 12 off the table and broke the dial on the circuit board for choosing depth. Shipped out and received it back in a week good as new and it worked flawlessly for the 10/11 ice season.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Vex rocks.

Hubby sent in his old FL8-SLT that he'd had for about 12 years, they replaced brushes and got it tuned up and in tip top shape. I'm not even sure they charged anything for it. He had a nice phone call with tech about it.

He has since sold the original unit after we got him his FL18. They were very funny when he called them a few summers ago to purchase a 'summer' transducer and a gimbal mount for the float tube. Has made vertical jigging and drop shotting a breeze. No more guessing.

Rarely if ever do you hear such good things about an electronics mfr. I hope they keep on doing what they're doing! (and if you haven't had your vex mounted on your boat, you don't know what you're missing!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts