Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if i could get some input, i have a vexialr fl 18 pro pack, i was experimenting with kokes, how do you know what setting to put it on , there is a normal side and a low power side , which is better in deeper water for locating kokes , ive seen lakers but not kokes

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
sometimes my fl 18 seems to read better on either setting depending on the bottom contours i just try both and see which one shows up better with the least inteference. most times in deeper water mine works best on regular power zoom. in shallow it could go either way, and if you have the gain right to see your lure you should definetely see kokes if they are in the cone angle. my vex always used to read kindof weird at green mtn, it was always tough to tell where the bottom was on the reading, i assume it was because all of the big rocks on the bottom messing up the sonar angle

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tips, i did have a time seeing my lure on the vex but im heading up this next wensday to try for kokes and macks so ill give it shot

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
sometimes you have to mess with the gain a bunch, mine sometimes seems to change for no reason and i have to turn it up or down to see my lure again.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If you watch the video it says the Low Power side is for 15 ft and under. Anything over that you should use the normal setting. Once you get below 25 ft or so you must turn up the gain to get a better reading on your lure.

Good luck :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts