Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had afew questions for people who own a vexilar , i was wondering does the vexilar show depth , also does it show suspended fish, i was thinking about geting one but im not sure how to use it ?

thanks

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Yes and Yes and it even shows your jig.

Vexilar uses lights to show depth the solid red lines is the bottom.... fish show up as green as the enter the cone (sonar zone) then turn yellow the closer they get then hopefully trun red when they hit your jig. Suspended fish can either be yellow or red lines above the bottom. Jig is usually a green line, depending on how big it can sometimes be yellow.

I still havent decided if I'm going to get one.. you should of seen Looney at the get together. "OH HERE HE COMES, HES RIGHT ONTOP YOUR BAIT, GET HIM GET HIM!!" LoL good times. But if I knew there were fish below me and they werent biting I might get a little mad. But atleast with the vex you know they are there.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, the vex does show depth and suspended fish.  the fl8 will show both of those but the fl18 has a sweet zoom feature.  it allows you to see the bottom 6 feet in more detail.

it is very easy to use.  i was suprised at how much you can actually see vs. a boat mounted lcd fishfinder.  it doesn't have the pretty pictures of fish and rocks but boy you can see way more and quicker also.

B

·
0 Posts
if i forget my vexilar i will go home and get it. if you get one you will never fish without one again it might take you 15 minutes to figure it all out they are incredible.
go to the store turn it on hold the transducer out over the floor. take the styrofoam tube off the cord ,drop it to the ground and roll it under the transducer. you will see it and understand how nothing can get by it. bernie

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
kokanee king, they are great for suspend fish, like your favorite, the kokanee. It was what helped me see so many kokes at blue, and also what helped me land my first one icefishing. I never would've known anything was there without it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts