Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when members post pictures in within their forum, I cannot see the embedded pictures. The last post I looked at was Mustang's Eagle project post. All I see is a little retangle with an red x in the upper left hand corner. Does any one know why this happens and if I need to change the settings on my computer to view the embedded pictures. It only happens a few times but more often then I like.

Thanks for your help.

Michael

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I think this happens when the host site that is holding the picture, takes too long to respond when the forum software requests a copy of the picture. This happens to me a lot, especially with tinypic.com as the hosting site. Sometimes if you go back later and reread the post, you'll luck out and get the picture.

The forum software doesn't like to get hung up waiting for a picture that might or might not ever come back. So it times out and substitutes that symbol instead, if the host site doesn't answer right away.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Walking Eagle,

The viewing problem relates to the posting site, does this mean users of the Colorado Fisherman forum should upload pictures that have a smaller file size?

I just think it is so frusterating when you are trying to look at someone's fishing picture and it is not viewable.

I am glad to know it is nothing with my computer.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts