Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
DanDANthefisherman said:
Got a virus from imageshack. Anyone else have this problem ???
I only upload pics to imageshack when I want to post one on this forum, so I guess I couldn't get a virus if I don't download anything. Which I don't. So what do you have to do, to get a virus from them? And how did you decide it was them? Also, don't you have one of the antivirus programs that are supposed to catch such things?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to wrap my head around this...

BTW, I use Norton Internet Security, and it has never let me down...

·
Registered
910 Posts
do you mean you clicked a link to what appeared to be an imageshack image and it gave you a virus?

google imageshack virus and a lot comes up, usually involving msn messenger and such.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I uploaded to imageshack and copied the forum link and then posted the pics. Then I clicked on a picture that I posted to enlarge it and my virus protection went nuts. I have nod32, which took care of it. I do use MSN though !

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I had something pop up earlier today when I was on imageshack. It didn't look like my normal antivirus so I just closed the windows and then ran a scan. Nothing came up. I thinks it's a window that opens and is designed to look like a virus program running but it's not an actual antivirus program.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
there is also one floating around on yahoo messages when u post on craigslist, someone or some bot responds with a message and it has an attached file pic.exe i can scan before i download and it said it was infected, just another heads up guys.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
most of the time it's advertisers linked ads that get hacked and code injected, then any good site, even news outlets can get you....

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Tried to download a pic today from imageshack, first time in awhile. Got a message from Norton, that someone tried to hijack my computer, and they blocked it. Thank you Norton!! Worth every penny. They have saved my a** many times. Anyway, went to Imageshack website, and told me someone tried to change my password, and to reset it. I did, and it worked. Damned jackers!! :mad:

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
The only downside I have found to Photobucket is that it often takes longer to load than other sites.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I got it too..clicked on a link on one of the posts and my computer went nuts..ran a scan and showed nothing to be wrong...can't get rid of the dang thing now...using my laptop and shut down the home PC till i can get it cleaned up.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
HookMeUp2 said:
I got it too..clicked on a link on one of the posts and my computer went nuts..ran a scan and showed nothing to be wrong...can't get rid of the dang thing now...using my laptop and shut down the home PC till i can get it cleaned up.
Boot your computer up into "Safe mode" then run your virus scanner.

Seen this virus 4 times now on my mother and sister in laws computers. It's def. a fake Anti-virus saying you have a virus and when you click on it it actually gives you a virus. And when you try to click on your normal Anti-Virus it wont ever allow it to come up unless you are in safe mode.

Just got done removing the virus using Safe mode from my mother in-laws computer last night! YAY What fun!! LMAO

1 - 20 of 30 Posts