Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VOLUNTEER MEETING IN PUEBLO

Volunteers are needed to assist the Colorado Division of Wildlife (DOW) manage Colorado?s wildlife and perform a variety of duties that benefit wildlife.

The DOW will host a new volunteer orientation Friday, Jan. 20 at 5 p.m. at the Hunter Education Building at 2600 W. Mesa in Pueblo.

This two-hour session will cover different volunteer opportunities throughout the year where people can get involved in local wildlife projects.

DOW volunteers assist in a variety of ways. A sample of the kinds of duties includes: transporting injured wildlife to rehabilitation facilities; staffing information booths at festivals likes the State Fair; monitoring and counting animals like bighorn sheep and prairie chickens; tour guides at fish hatcheries; lake cleanups and many others.

The orientation will highlight different volunteer opportunities available for 2006 and will give registered volunteers the chance to sign up for future projects. For more information, contact Jena Sanchez at (719) 227-5204.

For more information about Division of Wildlife go to: http://wildlife.state.co.us.
Some of you around this area may be interested, I'm going to try to attend. Think it would be fun to help out on the walleye milking they do, or any other thing to help the park out.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I wouldn't mind doing some of those things, but danged if I want to drive all the way from northern CO to Pueblo to talk about it. Do you suppose they will hold more than one of those meetings at different locations? I like the "lake cleanup" possibility.

I ain't countin' no prairie chickens, though. :)

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alot of state parks hold these meetings this is just the only one I got notification on at the moment.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
WE-Counting prairie chickens is IMPORTANT work. You feel the same way about prairie dogs? ::)

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Prairie dogs... prairie chickens... prairie oysters.... prairie rattlers.... if you can use them for bait, I guess I'd be interested...

·
Registered
297 Posts
WE, check with your local DOW office, they all have meetings like this for people that want to do volunteer work. They'll give you a form to fill out and then you have to go to one of these meetings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts